We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

Kansas City, KS
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

2 of us will be arriving in malaga april 4-8th. i can't seem to find a place to stay. we're really not wanting to pay more than 30 euro a person, but i guess we will if we have to. we're flying into malaga with intentions to take day trips to gibraltar and morocco. would it be unsafe to find and book something once we arrive?

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

In Semana Santa it would be very unwise to arrive without pre-booked accommodation.

Will you have a car? If so, you have more chance of finding somewhere outside the city.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

Have a look on Craigslist for late accommodation - Spain, Seville, Vacation Rentals

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

Check out www.solmelia.com. The 3* Sol Don Pedro in Torremolinos is coming in at €65 per night room only at the moment for your dates. Or check out http://www.malagaturismo.com/ for other accommodation in Malaga itself. However, as casaianda says, make sure you have somewhere to stay before you turn up - Holy Week is VERY busy!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

And for Guest House/Bed + Breakfast style accommodation look at www.homelidays.com under Bed + Breakfast - Spain - Andalucia

Kansas City, KS
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

thanks for the help!! i will look into these right now. senor, i just tried pulling up the sol hotel on that website and it's coming up at 83 euro for me.. and you didn't post that not too long ago. how weird!!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

The Hotel Don Pedro on the www.solmelia.com is still offering HALF BOARD (Bed, Breakfast + Dinner) at Euro 65 per room per night the dates you require. This is a special offer price.

They also have just Bed + Breakfast at Euro 83 - not on offer!

Therefore for Euro 18 per night LESS you also get Dinner.

The Don Pedro is the cheapest part of the 3 hotel Don Marco/Don Pablo/Don Pedro complex with 9 pools - including an indoor heated pool - and great nightly entertainment. Guests at any of the 3 hotels can use the facilities of all the others and Don Pedro guests share a restaurant with the higher grade Don Marco!

Have stayed at all 3 of the hotels. Although the Don Pedro rooms are by far the more basic they are more than ample with Air Con, hairdryer, TV etc.

You won´t get a better bargain than this for Semana Santa!

Kansas City, KS
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

casaianda, that place looks perfect and i would love to book it!! i finally found the area with the special offers, except on my screen it's showing 82euro for the 4-8 and 63 euro for all the other days except mine.. are you getting it to come up differently?

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

Coming up at €65.50 for your dates on my site.

Why not send an email direct to the hotel? sol.don.pedro@solmelia.com Ask for their lowest rate.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

Check this link - solmelia.com/solNew/…C_Rates.jsp

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: please help!! stressing about cheap accommodation...

I'm getting the same price as casaianda!