We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquids at the airport

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Liquids at the airport

When flying from Gatwick I am only allowed to take liquids onto the plane that I have actually bought in the departure lounge ie duty free goods etc.

When I fly back to the UK from Malaga Airport will I be able to bring liquids into the airport and onto the plane that I have bought in the shops in Malaga town.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquids at the airport

No, the regulations are standard throughout the EU.

So no more buying cheap bottles of wine & olive oil from the supermarket & taking them on the plane as carry on, you will now have to risk packing them in your hold luggage!

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquids at the airport

The situation at Malaga is exactly the same as Gatwick.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquids at the airport

Thank you both for your very quick responses.

I thought that might be the case so now I will have to drink all the booze I buy before I come home!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquids at the airport

Think about buying your spirits in plastic bottles and stow them away in your hold luggage.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquids at the airport

Bearsden Tony

Good idea but can you buy spirits in plastic bottles in Malaga?

If you don't spot this thread by 2000hrs 14/5 don't bother replying because I've already gone to Malaga and will look for myself in the morning!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquids at the airport

Hi Pineman. You can buy spirits in plastic bottles all down the coast - Torremolinos, Carihuela, Benalmadena, Fuengirola, etc- so I would be very surprised of you could not get them in Malaga. I know El Corte Ingles in Fuengirola stocks them, so guess the bigger Malaga store does, too.

I picked up three litres at Calahonda a few weeks ago, average price about 10 euros a bottle for brandy, vodka and whisky.

Hope this helps. Have a great break. Tony.

7. Re: Liquids at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 14:23