We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire near Malaga port?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire near Malaga port?

We are arriving on a cruise into Malaga on Dec 26th @ 8 AM and want to visit Granada. I was only able to get tickets for the Alhambra for entry 11:00 - 11:30, so that's a tight schedule. Are there any car rental places near the port which could have a car ready (or meet/greet at the port?)

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire near Malaga port?

Hi Hauteboy. As far as I know there are no car rental offices at the port, the nearest being at the railway station. Your schedule is tight, and the Alhambra outing dependent on the cruise ship docking on time.

I'd look to the likes of Costafrica.com coming to your rescue with a meet-and-greet as you come ashore, then transport you to and from Granada. Won't come cheap, though, but at least you will have given it your best shot.

Tony.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire near Malaga port?

Safest bet is to book the Cruise Ships own tour as the Alhambra tends to be flexible with admission times for them if they dock late.

If you book your own tickets and, due to late docking/getting lost if self driving, miss your time slot you will be refused admission and it is very unlikely that any later slots will be available then.

3. Re: Car hire near Malaga port?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 16:18