We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easy jet speedy boarding

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
febe3
Level Contributor
148 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
easy jet speedy boarding

Anyone know if it's worth paying extra for this? Just about to book flights, me, partner, & 3 kids aged 18,16 and 11. Think I remember when we flew with Easyjet before they let kids on first but this was a couple of years ago. Or do you just get to be first on the bus...not always an advantage!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easy jet speedy boarding

If your flight has an air Bridge for boarding it may be worth paying for Speed Boarding.

However, last time we flew with EasyJet we were late checking in so were group D for boarding and last to be called through the gate. No Air Bridge - onto a bus! As we were last on the bus we were also first off and first on to the plane.

All the passengers who had paid for Speed Boarding - and got a seat on the bus - were last off and really annoyed!

On our return we had an Air Bridge and people with children or in wheelchairs were called first irrespective of their boarding letter.

Save your money!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easy jet speedy boarding

The same happened to us the last time we flew in November. There were 2 buses the first had speedy boarding, anyone with small children(under 2 years) and anyone needing assistance plus group A. We were group B and had to get on the second bus. The first bus went to the front steps of the plane and ours went to the rear steps.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,859 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easy jet speedy boarding

I've paid for speedy boarding on my last two trips to Malaga. Fine if not too many others have paid the extra but last time about half the flight had paid for speedy boarding and so it didn't make much difference. Going again in May and not bothering with it. With the new charges for baggage it just adds to the cost of the flight and what was once a cheap flight is now becoming more expensive.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easy jet speedy boarding

We went to Tenerife in November last year. The staff in the UK called for priority boarding - they all got on first - as it should be.

But coming back from Tenerife they never called for priorty boarding and let the everyone on at the same time. Hence, all those people that were waiting to be called were last on the plane and were very annoyed - and rightly so.

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easy jet speedy boarding

We flew EasyJet in October and didn't bother with the speedy boarding but just made sure that we were there as soon as check in opened. We all got seated together without any problem, but that was for an early morning flight - in fact once airborne we could get up and each have three seats. I think that if we were going at a busier time I would be more likely to spend the extra.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: easy jet speedy boarding

Unless you are with small children, does it really matter where you sit for 2 or 3 hours? Everyone gets to the destination at the same time.

7. Re: easy jet speedy boarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 13:20