We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaga to calahonda

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
malaga to calahonda

I am traveling to Costa del Sol and staying in Calahonda. I am flying into Malaga and wondering if it is best to get a taxi or is there a bus? there will be four of us with three suitcases and a golf bag. will a taxi be able to fit all four of us and our stuff?

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaga to calahonda

For 4 people I would say that a taxi is your best bet - a bus will not take you from the Airport to Calahonda so you would have to first get one into Malaga that won´t be easy with so much luggage. Alternatively you would have to take the train from the Airport to Fuengirola then a nus or taxi to Calahinda - IMO just not worth the hassle.

Should be no problem with your luggage as taxis have good boot space plus roof racks. Taxis are licensed to take up to 4 people.

With your planned itinerary including so much travelling around each day from your Calahonda base, the other good option would be to hire a car for the week that would give you much more freedom and you would probably make the rental fee back by what you would save on taxis and excursion costs.

Owatonna, Minnesota
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malaga to calahonda

Thank you, I was thinking taxi was probably best too. If I were alone with my small bag I would do the bus, but probably not with four of us. you don't happen to know the name of the bus company in marbella that would have buses to sevilla do you?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaga to calahonda

With 4 of you and all that luggage you may find that the taxi driver might want to charge more so check before you get in what the charges will be. Last year it cost us 65euros to get to the part of Calahonda we were going to so do check - make sure you have full details of where you are going as some taxi drivers do seem to get "lost" when going to Calahonda - depending on which side of the N340 you are on. Ours certainly did and as he didn't speak English at all we couldn't argue the toss with him.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaga to calahonda

While I'm pretty sure that some nasty taxi drivers take advantage of some people's lack of knowledge about the area, it is also true that it is quite easy, even for locals, to get lost in Calahonda.

So I agree that it would be a nice idea to locate the place you are going to in, say, google maps, print it out, and hand it over to the taxi driver.

That will prevent him from getting lost, and, in case you are unlucky enough to come up against a "clever" one, will alert him that you somehow know the area.

Hope it helps.

SE England
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: malaga to calahonda

How do i get from the Airport to Malaga by bus and then which bus goes to Calahonda please. How much for the trip and what is the duration.

I would also like to visit Marbella from Calahonda, how do i make this trip by bus and by taxi and how mauch/duration. how late do the buses run to and from Marbella (incase I wanted to explore the night life)

Speaking of Marbella/Calahonda/Malaga.....what is good to do, I am hoping to be having my hen night there

Thanks

B

SE England
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: malaga to calahonda

How do i get from the Airport to Malaga by bus and then which bus goes to Calahonda please. How much for the trip and what is the duration.

I would also like to visit Marbella from Calahonda, how do i make this trip by bus and by taxi and how mauch/duration. how late do the buses run to and from Marbella (incase I wanted to explore the night life)

Speaking of Marbella/Calahonda/Malaga.....what is good to do, I am hoping to be having my hen night there

Thanks

B

SE England
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: malaga to calahonda

Thanks

B

SE England
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: malaga to calahonda

Thanks

B

SE England
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: malaga to calahonda

HI,

Thanks

B

Bucks
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: malaga to calahonda

The queue for taxis can sometimes be horrendous outside the airport so i recommend booking a taxi before you go. Try www.malagatransfers.co.uk. We have been to Calahonda for many years and they have offered us a very good price this year.

The taxi drivers all speak English too!