We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying train tickets in Malaga

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
berkshire, england
Level Contributor
522 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Buying train tickets in Malaga

I'll be in Malaga for three days this week, then moving on to Seville on Sunday.

Is there likely to be any problem with turning up half an hour before to book a seat? (It's the standard service rather than the Avant). I'm guessing not, but don't want to get caught out.

If I decide to be cautious and book the day before, can I buy tickets anywhere locally (ie a travel agent, tourist info) rather than heading to the station? Will be staying on La Malagueta, town centre end.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying train tickets in Malaga

Littlerussell:

Depending on the time of day, there may be long lines at the Renfe station. The union in the past has charged Renfe for not having enough personnel at the windows, with long lines of an hour or more.

To be safe, go to the train station and buy your tickets the day before or buy it on the internet.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,053 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying train tickets in Malaga

We got i think it was the 10.40 sunday train to seville at the end of february. have to say on this particular sunday the ticket office only had 3 people on duty, we had booked on line so had no need for a ticket. Ticket office very busy there was an AVE going to madrid i think at same time. Main delay was waiting to put your luggage through the xray machine, only one in operation and it is belts, shoes, ladies handbags the works, only one person operating machine, you are also limited to 3 bags per person, small medium and large, this caused delays as people did not understand the instructions. have t say our online tickets seem to cause a problem as they do not contain a seat and carriage number. As benny states if you are near buy day before, we returned on the friday and theticket office at seville was packed out.

Enjoy your trip we really enjoyed our time in seville, unfortunately the weather was not too kind to us

3. Re: Buying train tickets in Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 06:20