We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Benny

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Benny

Are you familiar with Economycarrentals.com? They supposedly have a location at the Malaga Renfe Station, and they have the best price for a 6-passenger minivan. Europcar has the next best price, but there is quite a difference between the two. Could you possibly provide a location for either of these two agencies near the train station? Thank you so much.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,179 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Benny

Europcar has a location at the train station. Economy Car Rental is at the airport.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,907 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Benny

econonmycarrentals.com is one of the Car Rental brokers or agencies that offer rentals based on deals they arrange with locally based car hire companies. They do not actually own the local car rental business. Their Head Office is in Greece and their web site I am using is based in Sweden. On their web site, as you say, they can offer cars at Malaga City and the question really is whether or not this agent/broker is good to deal with or whether it is better to go direct to one of the local offices.

I would not be surprised if a broker/agent can obtain a better deal from a local car rental company because of the volume of business they can push that way. Europcar could well be the car company that you finish up with by going through a broker web site but not necessarily.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Benny

Thank you for the explanation about Economycarrentals.com. Now I have to decide whether to chance it with them or just go with Europcar, which I know is at the train station. The price differential is quite substanial between the two, but it's a question I'll have to decide upon. Thanks again.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Benny

We ended up renting a smaller car for 4 adults from the broker economycarrentals.com, and the price was ridiculously cheap. Now I need to find out the quickest and easiest way from the MZ train station out to the A-7/E-15 on our way to Mijas. I've looked at some maps, but I hoped someone local could tell us the best way. Thanks so much.

5. Re: Question for Benny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2011, 07:27