We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andalusia day

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Andalusia day

We are visiting Malaga at the end of february and notice that Monday 28th feb is a Bank holiday.Does that mean that everything will be shut? Will there be any festivities we can see on that day?

Thanks for any replies

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andalusia day

Shops will be closed.

Most towns and villages have some sort of festivities so I am sure you will find something in Malaga city.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,053 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andalusia day

we were in Malaga last february for andalusia day in the morning and in seville, late afternoon and night. Everyyhing seem as a normal sunday, trains, bus's etc working. There was a number of events in seville to mark the day.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andalusia day

Fergie:

The City Hall has not announced yet any ceremony or parade. However whatever may be planned is usually subdued, with little attendance. Since it falls on a Monday, most people will take a long weekend out of town.

shropshire
Level Contributor
371 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andalusia day

Thanks for all your help - as long as I can find somewhere to eat and drink I will be happy!!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andalusia day

No problem on that score Fergie!

6. Re: Andalusia day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 00:18