We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

German restaurants

kirkham
Level Contributor
274 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
German restaurants

Are there any german restaurants near calahonda? Or any nearby we have a car.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,621 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: German restaurants

mwareing:

I am unaware of any German restaurants on the western Costa del Sol. If there would be any, it would probably be in Torre del Mar, where there is a large German population.

2. Re: German restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 05:48
Scotland
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: German restaurants

I believe Kum Damm restaurant (see link) at Fuengirola port is German owned and certainly there is a German influence to the menu.

Nearer still to Calahonda is the German restaurant in Torrenueva, which gets a mention on the second link below.

www.kudamm-fuengirola.com/en/index_en.php

http://www.calademijas.com/Restaurants.html

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: German restaurants

OH and I eat at Ku Damm fairly often. The decor is quirky, food tasty and good portions, staff friendly.

Just wanted to point out that the link above shows only highlights of the menu......it is quite extensive with daily specials also.

Have not tried the other one so can't comment, sorry.

cumbria
Level Contributor
575 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: German restaurants

I hope you check your bill before you leave. We went with a party of eight last year,and we had been advised to do this.

When our bill arrived,sure enough there were discrepancies,one of which was that we had been charged for nine mains. We asked the waiter to sort it out. When he came back,with the revised bill it was still wrong. They got it right on the fourth attempt.!!!

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: German restaurants

Have never had that problem. Usually we go with a neighbour who is an accountant.........and believe me nothing gets past him!!!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: German restaurants

There is also a German restaurant in La Nogalera in Torremolinos.

cumbria
Level Contributor
575 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: German restaurants

its a bit much when you have to take an accountant out with you though isnt it ? LOL

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: German restaurants

Calahonda and the surrounding area is quite popular with German visitors, so I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if there weren't any German restaurants there.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: German restaurants

Well, Torrenueva is just a mile or so beyond Calahonda, so OP does not have far to travel to tuck into a plate of sauerbraten.