We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

Anyone have any experience of Advantage at Alicante Airport? I have make a booking thru CarJet. Reading reports of them at Malaga and doesn't sound too promising!

Thanks

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

Better to ask in the Alicante or Benidorm forum really.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

I hired from Advantage for 1 week during August. The vehicle was high mileage and after 5 days, in which we had travelled no more than 100 km, the exhaust was blowing out smoke and the engine almost ran out of oil. Also the engine floor cover fell out as we left a car park - good job that didn't happen on the motorway! Advantage staff at Alicante were helpful, however the car shouldn't have been allowed out on hire in the first place.

Edited: 02 October 2011, 13:53
Bursledon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

We our hiring a car from Advantage car hire for 30 days, im told it will be a ford focus type car, i have heard some very bad reports from trip advisor - will will let you know. We booked through Diamond Resorts and am staying at Marbella. Mr Fitton & Family.

Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

we just used advatage , excellent hire. You pick up car on -1 floor level in car park from minivan, car was excellent and no issues

West Midlands UK
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

Rented a car through Do You Do Spain. Price very competitive and read the small print about what's included/not included such as additional driver before booking. Once booked and voucher received read the small print again. Booking was with Advantage Car Hire connected to Hertz. Directs you to Hertz counter in arrivals hall however then forwarded on to a mobile office van on the car park. Long line picking up cars and therefore long wait. Then the extra charges. The CDW is only basic and does not include tyres or windscreen. If you don't take additional insurance then 400 Euros blocked on your credit card as excess. Sort of forces you to take the expensive top up insurance. Also have to pay for full tank of fuel. So my competitive car hire then cost me an additional 200 Euros in top ups at the counter. The plus side was no amount blocked on a credit card for taking the additional insurance. Then the car itself had high mileage, both back shock absorbers were popped and the front tyre treads worryingly low. Will support the local car renters such as Sol-Mar, Javea Cars and Goldcar next time.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

Although you read all the small print you still accepted a car with what you thought were worrying low tread tyres! I would've not accepted the car at all in that case and asked for another. The high mileage isn't so much of a problem if everything else is OK. Have to say though that on here Goldcar do not have any better reputation than Advantage!

CDW very rarely covers windscreens, clutch, tyres or underside of vehicle and the €400 that they would've charged you if something had happened is lower than we were asked for at another company.

Full tank of petrol is usual, need to check before booking if its Full/Full or Full/Emptry policy to get best deal.

Dublin, Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

I had a dreadful experience with Advantage, I just received my credit card bill this morning only to find that Advantage had charged me twice for my 5 day car rental. In attempting to contact the company directly, they pretented not to understand English and consequently I'm still trying to resovle this issue. Given that the car hire company is based in an airport I find it rather worrying that they are apparently unable to communicate with the many international tourists that no doubt utilise the service on a daily basis. I have subsequently been in contact with customer services and the local police station in attemtping to resolve this problem, to no avail as yet. Essentially, I'm advising everyone to stay clear of this company, based on my own experience, no one wants these hassles on return from a lovely relaxing holiday!!!

Bursledon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

Do not use this 'CAR HIRE COMPANY' there all Inclusive rate is a Con. !!! We had to pay extras at the airport like CDW which was ment to be included, very poor cars as well they had to change our car 3 times and we had to travel back to the airport in the dark driving with no head lights. ? The car's condition is poor this first one we were offered had 90,000 Kilometres on the clock and had dents & scraps all over it. Terriable experience.

Bursledon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

Advantage car hire take all the car crash vehicles or high miler's = There owned by Hertz Car Hire, Disscusting cars damaged allover, smelly with stains on the seats, Never book with this firm Please.

Bursledon, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advantage Car Hire - Alicante

You must be Advantage Hire Car staff... Terriable service cars our terriable damaged all over and they con you - your voucher says all inclusive but when you collect the rent a reck car from Advantage the charge your credit card extras without telling you. Never use this company.