We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

I discovered Malaga last year and just LOVE the city. I've been 5 times now since Christmas and I'm coming back for first two weeks in September. I'm 64 and hope to retire to the city centro (NOT the general area) in a few months - I will rent, not buy.

Thanks especially to Benny but also others, I've "done" most things as such and know my way about fairly well - by foot, bus and train. I've so far stayed in hotels in the Centro area so most places were walkable and buses very convenient.

However, I'm pleased to say I've made some friends over these visits and this time I've been invited to stay with a lovely couple whose home is on Calle Capuchinos. I can walk from there OK to the Old Town in the evening but want to spend days on Playa de la Malagueta. I have used the 14 right to the beach if I felt lazy but now I will not be near that route.

Is there a bus from Capuchinos area to perhaps the terminus at Plaza General Torrijos please? The beach is only 10 minutes walk from there. I can not wait to come back to this lovely and very lively city!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,639 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Buddy:

The No. 36 passes Carrera de Capuchinos, passes through the Alcazaba Tunnel and you can get off at the Plaza de General Torrijos.

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Thank you very much Benny for such a quick reply. That route is perfect for me.

One quick question; some of the buses running through centro are every 10 minutes and others in the suburbs are every 30 minutes or even every 60 minutes. Do you know the frequency of this bus and if it runs on Sundays - which will be my first day at the beach (subject to weather)? My friends are quite young and never use the buses.

PS, Benny, re an earlier posting from you, I spent every day for two weeks in July on the beach at Malagueta and as you said, there are many topless women on the beach, most over 90 and very, very big !!!!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Timetable here:

emtmalaga.es/portal/…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
60,639 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Buddy:

So the bus does not run on Sundays.

Regarding the topless women at the Malagueta, I think that any woman who does this when she is over 30 years old is making a fashion mistake. With time things start to sag and it is better to cover them.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
60,639 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Friends:

A few days ago they had a show on TVE1 about trends. One of them concerned young men who go to salons and have their hair removed from their legs with wax. They also do their chests, backs, and arms. The reason is that when they go to the beach, they think that the young women will favor them if they are not hirsute.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

I am surprised to see sexist and ageist comments regarding women on here. I know many omen over thirty who have amazing figures and frankly many under thirty women who do not.

Moreover there are many men regardless of age who should keep it covered.

If people are happy to bare all on the beach then best left to it i say.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Totally agree Jools, why on earth shouldn't women over 30 go topless on the beach if they want? What a disgraceful comment. As you quite rightly point out, there are vast numbers of men wandering around topless who are don't seem the slightest bit 'ashamed' of their beer-bellies etc.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,488 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

what's this got to do with a number 36 bus ?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

Last time I was on the number 36 I was shocked at the number of topless people, if truth be told...

Rothesay, United...
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One for the locals (Benny?): buses from Capuchinos district?

So ........ back to bust 36 !!!

Oops sorry! Back to bus 36! Seriously thank you for your help. I had glanced at the bus stop for the 36 some time back and had a feeling it did not run on Sundays. I'm not that fit but if the weather is good and the beach is calling, I'll make it somehow.

As a male, I do agree very much that many males should not bare much, or anything at all sometimes. Sadly in the UK it is now the norm for very fat males to go shopping in supermarkets and town centres topless; AND travel on buses as such. Trousers or shorts are worn "classic style"; that is way below the waist so the beer gut is "beautifully" emphasised.