We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

We are planning on taking the train to Torremolinos for the day our cruise ship is in Malaga. We were in Malaga before and want to scope out TorreM and La Caraheula this time. If we take the port shuttle in to the SW end of park area, is it walkable to the Centro Alameda Station? I'm looking at Google map and found MZ Station but not Centro. Then. since that is the end of the line, will that train be the only one going to Torremolinos? Are there ticket machines available at that station? We can take a taxi direct from the ship to MZ Station for 10 Euro, so would that be the better plan?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

The Alameda station is just by the river on the map. The entry is just before the Contemporary Arts Centre. It takes about ten minutes to walk from the bus stop where the port shuttle stops, straight up the Alameda, turn left when you get to the river bridge.(there won´t be a river in the river bed).

There are two lines at the Alameda station, one to Alora and one to Fuengirola. The Fuengirola line goes every twenty minutes and is the one you want for Torremolinos. It goes at 10, 30 and 50 minutes past the hour. There are ticket machines at the Alameda station and they will take coins and notes up to twenty euros.

It is not a good idea to take a taxi to Malaga Maria Zambrano as it is the next stop along and at busy times you may not get a seat there.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

Thank you for specific directions. I will try to find the Contemporary Arts Center on the map now. 10 minutes is very do-able.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

Manzana: I still don't see it on the Google map. Is it across the river?? It looks like the Contemp. Arts Center is on the port side of the river. Could you please give me the name of the intersecting streets it is on or the plaza name? Will it be well with signs? Is it underground, and what type of entrance will there be? Sorry to be so dense, but I want to be able to find it walking from the port shuttle stop.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

I think I've found it. Is it in the Correos Building, just across the river bridge and turning left from Alameda Principal? If so, that seems like a pretty short distance from the port shuttle stop.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

You were right the first time. The CAC is on the side of the river near the port. The Correos building is on the opposite side of the river.

You can walk along the road by the side of the port. It is a bit quicker but not so nice.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

I still don't understand which side of the river the entrance to the station is on. When I Googled it, it showed an entrance at the Correos Building, which is on the other side of the river. Is the entrance right by the CAC on the port side of the river, or is it across the river at the Correos Building? I really don't want to wander around looking lost. I want to be able to walk with purpose to the station entrance. Please help me try to figure this out. Thanks so much for your patience.

Spring Hill, FL
Level Contributor
474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

I just found info on Wikapedia about the station and it says it actually has 3 entrances, and the one near the CAC actually has a passageway under the river bed. So now I'm sure we can find our way. I suppose that would be the closest entrance to where the port shuttle lets us off. Regardless, I'm sure we'll be able to spot it. Thanks so much for your information.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

Walk along Alameda Principal on the left side towards the river bed. You will arrive at a BBVA bank just before the river, turn left after the bank and the station entrance is a few yards down.

9. Re: Centro Alameda Station from cruise port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 02:17