We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

Christchurch...
1 post
Save Topic
Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

I have recently returned from Spain and wanted to warn other travellers of the pitfall of using Economy Car Hire as their office is located actually on level - 2 in the car park in an office amoungst cars that is not allowed to have a sign on it?

We spent over an hour with 3 small children, wandering about the airport in 30 degrees, late at night ,before someone could tell us where it was. We had specifically booked car hire located in the terminal as 2 of the kids are disabled!!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,013 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

Hi 434Grumpy;

The travellers that you are attempting to warn with your post, will most likely NOT see it here on the Help Us Make TA Better forum. This forum is for discussions and suggestions on ways to improve the TripAdvisor website itself.

For a comment such as yours, I would suggest posting on the Malaga Spain forum.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g187438-i333-Malaga…

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

Hi 434Grumpy,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your topic in the Help Us Make TripAdvisor Better forum, so I have moved it on your behalf to the Malaga forum, where your comments may be of benefit to other travelers as they make plans to visit that destination.

We appreciate you sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor Community, and look forward to your future contributions.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Dereham, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

Hello 434Grumpy,

We are sorry to hear that you had trouble locating the car hire desk.

As you will be aware, we are a car hire broker based in the UK and we work with local car hire companies at Malaga Airport. As such, we do not have a desk at any airport.

Once your booking is confirmed you receive a car hire voucher which will advise which supplier your booking is through. The collection instructions for the local supplier are clearly advised to you both during the booking process and are also marked on your car hire voucher.

The contact telephone number for the local supplier is also advised on your car hire voucher so if in future you ever have any difficulty locating the car hire supplier, please do not hesitate to contact them and they will do their utmost to assist.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,069 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

Why do people choose to use TA for the first time when they have a gripe, if Grumpy had used TA before his/her travels he/she would have been given options to avoid the disapointment.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

i used this broker in May and was advised which car rental to go to......which was in a yard 1km away ..... but we were aware and did ask questions on TA to be sure.

Yes Nuri it is a shame people do not use a modicom of sense and check all details.

BUT to just be a first up poster denigrating a commercial entity it does make one wonder.

Good also to see a response from the maligned.

6. Re: Terrible Car Hire Experience in Malaga Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 03:18