We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga bicycle shops

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
653 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Malaga bicycle shops

Is there a really good bicycle shop in Malaga. A shop that has lots a good road bikes and lots of clothing for sale, not department store bikes.

If there is a good bike shop, can we find our way there on foot or by public transport?

Also, while I'm at it, are there any bicycle events between November 2nd and 7th?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Donato

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

Hi there,

The most popular shop among amateurs and pros alike (me being in the former group) is Ciclohobby:

C/ Lope de Rueda, 127 - 131

Puerto de la Torre, 29190 Málaga (España)

TLF: 952 43 12 03 - 952 10 70 29

FAX: 952 43 81 45

www.ciclohobby.com

It is an excellent shop (one of the best in its kind), specialized in bicycles (road and mountain) and kayaks. In fact I bought my 2 bicycles and my 2 kayaks there.

The bad thing about it is that it is located on a suburb rather out of town. However, you can catch the 21 bus at Alameda Principal and it will take you quite close to its whereabouts in about 30 minutes.

Hope this helps.

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
653 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

Thanks MAC Pollo, do you know where we get off the bus?

Is there a shop in the center of town with a good supply of bike jerseys?

Donato

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

You can get off at the bus stop n. 2109, named "Lope de Rueda - Los Morales". It is located on number 117 of the same street, the shop is located on 127 (quite near actually).

I don't know of any specialized bicycle shops in Malaga centre. There are however a number of sports shops which surely sell jerseys. Try Deportes Zulaica which is right on the centre. (http://www.deporteszulaica.es/)

Mount Dora, Florida
Level Contributor
653 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

That's great, thanks

Málaga, Andalucia...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

Good to know of a bike shop in Malaga as I was beginning to think they weren't any!!

Moved to Malaga about six weeks ago and I've brought my Colnago over from the UK. I don't have a clue where the roads lead to, so if anybody knows of a cycling club or meet up point if you could please let me know.

Many thanks.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,803 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

Andrew:

Search the web. When I went to Competa a few years ago, at the restaurant we went to for lunch, there was a British cycling club there, with about 20 young men.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

I'd suggest you to head to Ciclohobby: lots of posts there of cycling clubs.

www.ruedasredondas.org

is the most popular cycling club in Málaga. I used to be a member but two kids are so demanding!

Happy riding.

Málaga, Andalucia...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

Hi, thanks for your message. Stroke of luck to find a British cycling club where you went too! Sadly, I don't think there will be a British cycling club in Malaga.

Tried searching on the web but with no joy as the results just come up with cycling holidays and rental bikes. My search is in English which does not help but no choice as I can't write a word of Spanish!

The trials and tribulations of moving to a new country.

Thanks again. :-)

Málaga, Andalucia...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

That's fantastic, thank you very much for the link!

Sorry you can't get out training any more but you have a very good excuse.

I've not been out on my bike for six weeks and I feel fat and lazy, I live near the center of Malaga and the roads just look so intimidating. The obvious one, they drive on the wrong side of the road and the Spanish driving looks frightening! I'm just so used to riding in the quite country lanes in the area that I'm from in the UK.

If I had a Euro for every car horn I've heard while being here I would be quite a rich man by now! :-)

Hopefully with the link I will be able to meet up with some local riders and they can show me some good routes and quite roads.

Thanks again. :-)

Oxfordshire
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Malaga bicycle shops

Hi Andrew

I am coming out to Malaga from August 17th to 30th 2013 and plan to hire a bike for morning rides between 30-45 miles max (while the family are still sleeping..) - did you find a club or nice safe routes ?

Thanks

Kevin