We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Malaga

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Car hire in Malaga

I will be traveLling from morocco to Tarifa and then from there take a bus to Malaga where I plan to rent a car to travel to Granada and from there to Seville plus drop off the car at the Seville airport.. Looking for tips on car rental companies. Some of the reviews seen so far are scary in how they quote one price and then end up charging extra for this and that. There will be four of us traveLling. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,585 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire in Malaga

Car rental www.auto-europe.com www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

www.andalucia.com

Acommodation www.venere.com

Rent the car in Algeciras and head west! Enjoy the White villages of Andalucia and Ronda.

Edited: 18 February 2012, 08:04
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire in Malaga

I spent yesterday afternoon looking at a 1 way car rental from Malaga to Seville and eventually ended up booking with Sixt on their current special offer. All the consolidator sites like autoeurope look cheaper until you read the conditions and find there is a €50 one way drop off charge which Sixt don't appear to add.

I use Sixt a lot in Germany where they are our company preferred provider and they have always been fine, although others may have a different experience.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,587 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire in Malaga

There are NO extra charges, as such. Most rentals charge you for a full tank of fuel, not a problem with the trip you are doing as you will use at least the tank full.

Some charge for additional drivers, others offer free additional driver. ALL car hire companies will offer additional insurance cover "top up" to cover Glass, wheels, Tyres and clutch. This is usually around 5€ per day. OPTIONAL. So thats your choice.

ALL OF THIS IS IN T&C`s. Read before you book. Seriously consider the Algeciras pick up and drive to Malaga.

www.carjet.com www.doyouspain.com www.bravocarhire.com offer one way rentals.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,758 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire in Malaga

I agree with Mantalk. Most of the complaints about car hire companies are from people who haven't read the T&Cs properly (if at all!).

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire in Malaga

Thanks for the wonderful feedback so far especially about renting in Algeciras rather then Malaga. That alone will save a few hours. Does anyone know if Sixt

has an office in Algeciras?

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire in Malaga

Rented a car in Malaga from Top Car (Feb/March 2013)...very pleased...Anna was so helpful...then received a traffic ticket two days ago and Anna walked me through it so I could pay it on line....We drove a Ford Focus...lots of room for two...and a smooth driving car. Again excellent service, warm and friendly to deal with on the internet and in person. Would give them 5 stars....they are just the best. Karen (Florida)

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire in Malaga

Email: info@topcars.es http://www.topcars.es/ I forgot to give you their email and web site....so here it is...Top Cars...Malaga Spain,

Karen

USA

8. Re: Car hire in Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:18