We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to don curro hotel

LEICSTER
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Topic
airport to don curro hotel

Advice best way to get to Don Curro hotel from airport please

Paul

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to don curro hotel

Local trains run from the airport into Málaga City every 20 minutes, get off at Málaga Centro-Alameda station (the end of the line), cross over the river and walk down the Alameda to Calle Larios, it's no more than 10 minutes walk.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to don curro hotel

the best way is to get the Linea A bus. It leaves from just outside terminal 2/3 and drops you off almost within sight of the hotel. Get off at the Larios statue on the main street ( the almeda principal) . It costs 2 euros, pay on the bus. They are every 30 minutes. I know because I used this bus this morning to get back to the airport from Don curro.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to don curro hotel

I agree with you Stephen D, I know a lot of people here favour the train over the bus to Malaga centre or the bus station (or vice versa) - but rather than having to get to the station (at the airport) buy a ticket wait for the train etc....the bus leaves from right outside the airport terminal, you just can't get it wrong .

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,163 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to don curro hotel

I find that on a bus the main problem is finding the right stop to get off the bus, I know malaga well but to a stranger choosing the right stop a problem. The bus stops a different points on the main road, without good spanish could be a problem. Last time we were on the bus, totally full I had difficulty knowing where we were at night.

With the train last stop, can go no further, easy walk.

Train runs every 20 minutes, you could be in Malaga before a bus arrives, as train enterance as you leave T3 and the bus stop a walk, much easier to get the train

Co Durham
Level Contributor
338 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to don curro hotel

How about getting a bus back into the airport from the city centre?

It's cheaper to hire a car from the airport so i have to get from the Petit Plaza Hotel to the airport.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,163 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to don curro hotel

For the bus just walk down to the main road Alameda principal (direction of the port) All the bus stops are in this area.

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport to don curro hotel

"You cannot buy a ticket for the airport bus on the bus, you have to queue to buy one at the counter in the terminal"

Really ? Is this something new, we have always bought our tickets on the bus.

And the bus stop at alameda is less than 2 minutes walk to the don curro hotel, it's somewhat more from the train station-in fact you'd have to get a bus or taxi especially if you have luggage.

John

birmingham
Level Contributor
771 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport to don curro hotel

Our flight gets in at 21.30pm. What times do the buses and trains run til?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport to don curro hotel

The last train towards Málaga is at 23:54, towards Fuengirola at 22:42, so you should be fine.

birmingham
Level Contributor
771 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport to don curro hotel

Briiliant ! thanks