We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Malaga city?

Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Malaga city?

I have browsed through the hotel section but I still have a question.

We will be in Malaga city one night, spend the next day, then fly out around 5:00 pm. We do not want to stay near the airport. We want a central place where we can walk to bars, shops, and perhaps catch a historical sight or two. Anyway, what area do you suggest? Do you have a particular hotel in mind? (We are of the clean, safe, convenient mindset...otherwise...)

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

My wife and often spend a night or 2 in Malaga, our hotel of choice is the Ibis Malaga Centro, only a few minutes to old city centre and tapas bars aplenty. The hotel is very comfortable, warm, safe, good price and convenient so fits all your criteria.

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/home/index.shtml

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

I too have stayed at the Ibis Centro and really liked it and the location being a couple-few blocks to calle Larios area. It is a really good hotel for a lower price. I'm sure there are more posh places to stay, maybe a local like Benny will recommend something.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

Marlib:

Good hotels in a good location:

AC Malaga Palacio

Molina Lario Hotel

Don Curro

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,318 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

Ibis a good choice, a bit nearer the centre the Spanish hotel chain Room Mate has the Larios and Lola in Malaga

England
Level Contributor
104 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

Just across the road from the Ibis is the Salles Malaga Centro - been there twice and found it very comfortable, and within an easy stroll of the old town restaurants and bars; also the Cathedral which is worth a visit

Manchester
Level Contributor
142 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

Hotel Atarazanas is very close to the main shopping street and sights. Taxi rank just along the road (Calle Atarazanas). The market, well worth a walk round, just over the road. 5 mins walk other direction to Alameda Centro Train Station for train back to Airport.. Clean and comfortable. Stayed twice at this one and will use again.

Roseville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
526 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

we've stayed twice at the NH, just across the river and only a 5 minute walk to the center of town. they have good sized rooms, comfy beds, clean bathroom with fun amenities and THE best breakfast buffet I have seen. lots of choices of all kinds of things. I highly recommend this hotel.

having said that, we might try the AC Palacio next time. hubby loved their lobby and lounge :) either would be a great choice. enjoy!!

8. Re: Where to stay in Malaga city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:42