We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Airport to town?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Airport to town?

Hi!

We are going to Malaga after Easter for a 4 day break, staying at the Molina Lario hotel.

Can anyone tell me if we can make the transfer close to the hotel by local bus? Which bus? How much fare? How frequent? Where is nearest stop to hotel?

Apprecviate your local knowledge!

Thanks

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Hotel Molina Lario
Hotel Molina Lario
2,040 Reviews
Malaga, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

There are 'express' buses from the airport, although they are subject to traffic jams etc.

I'd get the local train, the station is directly outside the main airport exit, and is luggage-friendly (lifts, escalators etc.). Trains every 20 minutes, multi-lingual touch-screen ticket machines just inside the station, fare €1.40 to Málaga Centro-Alameda (the end of the line).

The Hotel Molina Lario is a short walk from there, just walk along the Alameda (the station is where the Avda de Andalucía crosses the river and becomes the Alameda if you're looking on Google Maps).

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Molina Lario
Hotel Molina Lario
2,040 Reviews
Malaga, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,243 posts
3,764 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

Paul:

Take the Airport Express Line A bus for 2 euros. Get off at the Plaza de la Marina. You will see the monument to the Marques de Larios near it. The distance to your hotel will be short.

Ampthill, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

Hello,

Can anybody advise me please if buses run frequently back to the airport on a Sunday morning? (We are also staying at Hotel Molino Lario). We may opt for a train but would like to have info on buses also.

Also can anyone recommend a really good beach front restaurant- as we would like to pre book for our first night (May 4th).

Thank you for your help.

Edited: 31 March 2012, 18:44
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Molino
Hotel Molino
108 Reviews
Ronda, Spain
Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

Sunday bus service is similar to other days. 06:45 ; 0645; 0710; 0735 then every 30 minutes until 2330.

Full bus details here..the airport bus is route 75

http://goo.gl/Nnt9L

I don't think you would need to pre-book any restaurant in early May.

There are some excellent upmarket restaurants at the new Mulle Uno, at the port.

Edited: 31 March 2012, 18:57
Ampthill, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

Thank you very much for replying, that is really good info for us.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

Messages greatly received - thanks.

But I am confused now I have checked Google Maps about exactly where the rail station terminal actually is! GM shows it as being at Calle de la Explanada de la Estacion which is some 700 metres south west of where the river crosses Avda Andalucia/Alameda. Map out of date, or what?

Mentioned in this post
La Estacion
La Estacion
42 Reviews
Chinchon, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

There are two central Málaga stations, GM is probably showing you Maria Zambrano, which is the main national station, the local line from the airport continues one more stop into the city centre.

8. Re: Bus from Airport to town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:39