We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,547 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

I just heard on the radio that our Christmas lights will be turned on at a ceremony at the Plaza de la Constitucion tonight, probably at 7 pm.

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Benny, I heard it was tomorrow - 1st December? I hope it's not tonight, I've got other plans now :-(

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Yes, i was always led to believe it was the Saturday nearest to the 6th December, what's happened Benny? Any idea why it's changed this year? I can imagine unless people are tuned to the radio there will be a lot of upset people who will miss the big turn on - however, good heads up - let's hope they see this post !!

CB

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,547 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Friends:

I have no idea why they changed the date. Anyway you do not want to hear speeches from politicians, do you?

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Good info, Benny. Couldn't be more updated. Thanks to your post everybody can have the latest news.

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Oh well, I'm still going tomorrow and really looking forward to it. Thanks for the info Benny, I won't go quite so early now ;-)

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Thanks for the heads up Benny and taking the time to try and let folk know asap. We got there just after the switch on which did not matter that much. We did however get caught up in the procession by all the anti political hecklers! They followed the politicians with police inbetween them and were chanting really loud, it was not threatening but slightly scary. I take it that it is all about the problems in Spain at the moment, am I correct? PS....the lights, the people, the music around various plazas was brilliant and the weekend was as good as last year. Thanks Malaga!!!!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,547 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Liverpoolman:

We have demonstrations every day and they seldom become violent, but they are always noisy. Since there are so many, no one pays them attention anymore. They all have to do with cutbacks in funding that the government has to do to get the budgets balanced.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

Thanks Benny, we did wonder what we were walking into at first but it did become clear quite quick it was not 'violent''. Thanks for your help again.

9. Re: Christmas Lights Go On Tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 15:15