We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Shopping

Estepona
2 posts
Save Topic
Airport Shopping

In December at Malaga Airport, I noticed posters indicating that you can have your carry on Bag PLUS an airport shopping bag...."It's the law". I am flying with Ryanair in March, did I understand the posters correctly? My Spanish is awful, Can I legally challange Ryanair bording staff without risking me or my shopping being left on the tarmac? As you can guess I didn't risk it in December.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,616 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Shopping

Ryanair will allow one NORMAL sized airport shopping bag on board these days - note that it must be an airport one (e.a. Aldaesa), try and take on any other type of bag and they'll have you.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Shopping

I have a funny feeling it is the smaller of the two Aldaesa bags that Ryanair will accept. The larger one counts as your hand luggage. Flew home with Ryanair last October and our queue was held up greatly by people near the front re-arranging their hand luggage rather than loose their shopping.

Saludos. Lindsay

Estepona
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Shopping

That's great news. Thanks for your help

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,616 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Shopping

They certainly don't accept the larger Aldaesa bags, the normal sized ones hold about one carton of cigs and a litre of booze.

5. Re: Airport Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:15