We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to malaga with an infant in April

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
35 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
traveling to malaga with an infant in April

We're getting ready to travel to Malaga in April with our 7 month old. I was just wondering about suggestions that would be kid friendly. We know we'd like to go to Gibralter, but we've got a whole week so what are other must sees/dos? Are there flamenco performances? Would those be completely inappropriate for an infant to come with us to? Best food? Shopping? I'll take any advice. We're looking to have a relatively calm vacation so we don't want to go too far every single day but are open to suggestions. How much variety is there in some of the surrounding areas? Is there 1 main one you suggest? We also like nature.

1. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 12:27
Edited: 22 March 2013, 12:27
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

Are you staying in Malaga City or Malaga Province?

Although children are generally welcomed at Flamenco performances a baby crying would not go down well with oficianados. I would suggest you just visit a hotel that offers a free tourist flamenco show where you could walk out if your little one gets fractious.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
35 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

We're staying in Malaga city. Will most hotels probably have some tourist type show of flamenco?

scotland
Level Contributor
13,781 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

probably not Id say ,this may help you tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187438-c84697/Mala…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187438-…

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

Given a good, sunny day, I'd head for the open-air flamenco performance in Mijas. It starts at the village square every Wednesday noon, and your youngster will be made very welcome. Oh, yes, and it's free, too!

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

Unlikely to find entertainment in Malaga city hotels. Take a short train ride from Malaga to Torremolinos where many hotels will have shows on one night per week.

Edited: 22 March 2013, 13:23
scotland
Level Contributor
13,781 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

I'd head for the open-air flamenco performance in Mijas. I did forget about that one ..good idea as well BT

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

I do occasionally have my uses!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

To be honest unless Gibraltar is a priority, I'd give it a miss and go up to Mijas as suggested, and perhaps a trip to Ronda. If you are intent on going to Gibraltar its quite a long journey on the bus and with a 7 month old could be a bit wearing.

You could do a trip along the coast to Torremolinos, Benalmadena and Fuengirola on the train. Depending on what you like to do when you are on holiday there are lots of things to do in all the areas. Plus there is so much to see in Malaga City, you will be spoilt for choice of how to spend your days.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,365 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: traveling to malaga with an infant in April

ewint:

There is a playground at the Malaga Park and another at Muelle Uno.