We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Carrefour in Malaga?

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Carrefour in Malaga?

I am flying out in about 3 weeks and want to stock up before going to my self-catering villa on the shores of Embalse de Vinuela. I understand there is an Eroski at Velez-Malaga but I prefer Carrefour - help please?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

Here's a link to the Carrefour website, unfortunately it doesn't give an option to translate into English but I've linked the page with directions to the Malaga Carrefour

carrefour.es/tiendas-carrefour/hipermercados…

Dorset, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

Thank you. I checked out their website previously and also looked on Google earth so I know where they are situated, but I wondered if you could provide local knowledge about which one may be better than any other?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

I'd assume one may well be the same as another, bit like Tesco and Asda in the UK.

Dorset, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

Ok thanks. I used to live in Spain and am aware of the differences between the different chains of stores, but wondered which Carrefour may be better eg bigger or with more internal stores etc than the other. I was hoping for a Spanish-based local reply really, but thanks for your help anyway.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

If you don't mind a slight detour (not far really) the Carrefour in Torremolinos (just off the by-pass) is enormous and has all the internal stores etc. It's just had a big makeover too, so all the new things are there.

Dorset, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

Excellent thank you!

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

The best Carrefour for you in the direction you are travelling, is the one just off the motorway at Totalan. Leave the motorway at exit 251 (M24. La Cala Del Moral/ Totalan) and follow signs to Parque Comecial. It is within a large shopping centre with many other shops, cafes, cinemas etc.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 15:08
Dorset, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

Thank you very much

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,771 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

I have been to the Carrefour that pavoreal mentions many times. It is a good supermarket. During summer it is open on Sundays.

10. Re: Which Carrefour in Malaga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 07:17