We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
370 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

We are leaving Barcelona and then spending a night in Granada before heading to Seville for a couple of nights. We will be traveling the last week in September. Is Ronda a good home base for traveling from ? is there a better town as a base? We are interested in seeing the beauy of that area- is Marbella a better place to sleep? We'll be renting a car for this part of our trip.... Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,053 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

With a car Ronda is a perfectly good base especially if you are interested in visiting the pueblos blancos in the area. Ronda itself is a very walkable town and can be seen in the one day. The second day you could perhaps visit some of the smaller places such as Grazalema, Zahara and Setenil de las Bodegas before moving on to Sevilla. I would only go to Marbella if you plan on having a couple of beach days, given that it will be September it could still be pleasant but cooler than July and August.

Take a look at www.andalucia.com here you will find information on all the major cities, town and villages of Andalucía.

Saludos. Lindsay

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

My only comment is I'd spend more than a Cooke of nights in Sevilla - I normally suggest 4 nights, especially if you only are spending one night in Granada. Realistically you may not have time for the white villages if it means severely curtailing your time in Sevilla and Granada. IMHO.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
370 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

I do have an extra night that is not yet allocated I am open as to where to add the night?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

WHEN:

Ronda is a good base to explore neighboring towns like Grazalema and other white towns like Ubrique. However Ronda is in the mountains and the roads up are curvy.

For Granada, read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and book early.

Marbella is a very nice place to visit but hotels are expensive. This is the queen of resorts in Spain.

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

Ronda is quiet and picturesque. Not much going on at night though. No comparison to Seville which deserves 3 to 4 nights at least.

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

Hotels don't need to be expensive in Marbella at all, there are a wide range to suit all budgets.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

How long do you have for Andalucia? If you only have 6 nights then I'd spend 2 in Granada and 4 in Sevilla w/a daytrip to Cordoba. Keep it simple as there's not much time.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
8. Re: Is Ronda a good home base for 2 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 06:17