We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

Burbank, CA
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

I am looking into going directly to Granada using a direct bus from the Malaga airport on Dec. 31. According to this website (http://www.granadainfo.com/granadatravel.htm), the last bus to Granada from the airport leaves at 6:30pm, which could work since our flight arrives at 4:00 pm. We will only have carry-on luggage and the immigration process would have been done in Paris, so there should be enough time to catch the 6:30 bus, as long as the flight arrives on time. However, when I checked the ALSA website for the bus schedule for Dec 31, it showed the last bus to be at 4pm, and did not show the 6:30 bus. I'm wondering whether at that time of year the 6:30 bus does not run or the bus schedule is not known yet? Thanks!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

'I'm wondering whether at that time of year the 6:30 bus does not run or the bus schedule is not known yet '

The answer is definitely/possibly/probably/maybe :-)

If you look at random dates for end August and September you will find the number of journeys reduced to three or two and the 1830hrs. is dropped. Your back up is to bus or train to Malaga city bus station where you will have several journeys that evening.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

There are trains every 20mins from the airport to Malaga Maria Zambrano station, taking 8 mins, every day.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

flennie:

Perhaps they have fewer customers in December and cut back on their number of trips.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

It's December 31st - everything stops at around 6pm so that people can be with their families. I would spend the night in Málaga and enjoy the New Year festivities.

Burbank, CA
Level Contributor
127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

Thanks everyone for your reply. Normally, as NoSoyGuiri mentioned, I would think of Dec 31 as the day to celebrate the New Year's eve in anticipation for the New Year. In planning this trip, that thinking totally escaped me! So where would be a better place to spend the New Year's eve, Malaga or Granada? Should we make the effort to get to Granada that night? Will there be a big New Year's eve celebration in Malaga? Also, will the bus and train schedules be limited on New Year's day?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

To answer your last question, the bus schedule most likely will be limited on New Year's Day..

7. Re: Malaga airport bus to Granada, schedule for December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:21