We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area

Warrington
Level Contributor
160 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Which area

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at going to the Malaga area for around 4 nights in early Sept. Here's what I'm after. I appreciate that this may not exist anywhere.

I'd like to stay a little out of Malaga city centre in a traditional looking area. Ideally there will be a few restaurants and bars around that a little less geared to please tourists but somewhere where they will accommodate non English speakers. It would be good if there were good transport links to the city centre with regular services running fairly late into the night.

We'd like to do a tour of a vineyard and some wine tasting so we'd need some way of getting to one of these because we won't have a car

I've looked at Pedregalejo but it doesn't seem like there are many bars/restaurants and mainly aimed at locals. I only speak a few phrases of Spanish so i wouldn't like to have to force people to try and speak a language they are not familiar with to serve me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
103 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area

Even if you stay in Malaga City itself, you would do well to find places where they speak anything BUT Spanish. It is MORE Spanish than nearby coastal 'resort' type towns.

The only exception to this is the Port area as the bars and restaurant staff need to from the ships and of course in most of the hotels.

Also, the further inland you go, the less likely you are to find people who speak anything other than Spanish.

Warrington
Level Contributor
160 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area

Thanks for the info TRS

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
103 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area

Very difficult to say, as what you seek isn't completely available. You get some bits, but not the others and vice-versa!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,674 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area

Chris:

For wine tasting:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187438-c190670/Malag…

All the restaurants in Malaga understand English speakers. Many menus are bilingual.

5. Re: Which area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:20