We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alsa Bus Strike

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Topic
Alsa Bus Strike

malagahoy.es/article/…septiembre.html

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

Benny,

My Spanish leaves a lot to be desired,does this strike only affect buses within Malaga city?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

theabbot:

I think the strike affects everywhere in Andalusia.

fetyc.cgt.es/2013/…

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
874 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

I used Google to translate the piece which seems to be the most relevent , hope this helps.

<<<<<<<<The union CGT-A called strike Alsa group of companies dedicated to bus transportation to the days 14, 18, 19 and 30 August and 1 and September 2, in order to "seek assurances transport safety passenger road. " In a note, CGT has indicated that on July 25 union members participated in the rally outside the headquarters of Alsa in Granada demanding security guarantees in the road passenger transport, why I decided to call strike. The CGT Transport Federation-A formalized next week call for strikes agreed within the meeting of the union section Andalusian Alsa / Nexcontinental / Alsina Graells held in Granada on July 25.

The strikes will be on 14 and 30 August from 05:00 to 00:00; On August 18th and September 1st from 14:00 to 00:00, and the 19th August and 2 September from 00:00 to 14:00. Also within the schedule of demonstrations will be a focus on Malaga bus station on 23 August.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any errors in translation are Google's, not mine ;-)

Edited: 09 August 2013, 11:59
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,389 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

How disappointing for many people but maybe the strike will be modified or even called off however even on strike days there must be some minimum services applying.

I read that on the strike days published the hours of strike are as follows:

14 and 30 August from 05:00 to Midnight

August 18 and September 1, from 14:00 to Midnight

19 August and 2 September from 00:00 to 14:00.

Also within the schedule of demonstrations will be a rally at the bus station in Malaga on August 23. That sounds like a bad day to be travelling by bus from Malaga bus station !

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
874 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

I posted that same information regarding strike days in the post prior to yours!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

Thanks good people, I am planning to use the bus service to collect my daughter and granddaughter from Malaga, and then continue on to Ronda, however that is on Friday 16 August, so it looks as though we shouldn't be affected.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

At least you posted in English NFM!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,389 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

If you are using the LOS AMARILLOS bus service from Malaga to Ronda then certainly that should not be affected by this threatened strike nonsense. Nor I believe would PORTILLO / Avanza . I have no idea why ALSA have this problem at this time and they are owned I believe by NATIONAL EXPRESS of UK. I recall when BA agreed the deal with IBERIA the unions didn't like the necessary changes to stem the losses at IBERIA.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

The Portillo buses will run as normal.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,389 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alsa Bus Strike

In case of interest, the threatened strike by ALSA workers has been called off. They are getting round the table and having talks lasting two months !