We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

We waited for 3 hours in queue to collect hire car at malaga airport I was horrified.Really spoilt our holiday.

Then got in car put window down at hot in parking area which then refused to work and had to change car another 30 min wait.Insurance and petrol surcharge on top.

Really spoilt our holiday.

Usually go with amigo autos but they had been taken over by goldcar, NEVER AGAIN.

Penny

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

Waited 90 minutes in queue at Murcia, ASTONISHINGLY RUDE response from bald-headed gimp "Julian" who was sat on the front desk (Oct 5th 2013) with tattoos brazenly displayed on his arms that quite literally looked like they'd be doodled on by a 5 year old child. He was actually GRINNING when people in the queue were complaining about the wait, then when I asked if anything could be done he just fobbed me off with 'yes, you think you are clever don't you'... lol WTF? This guy is a moron and needs sacking, though having said that this is probably why all he'll ever amount to his entire life is working in that sh*ty little hot-box. As for the company will never, ever use them again - car had no screen wash, was NOT valeted (mud all around the inside, sweet wrappers from last customer etc), scratches all over, then the rip-off with the insurance and fuel. They are NOT cheap, like Ryanair lots of hidden extras - DO NOT USE!! I shall be complaining to the MD about the company and in particular this Julian idiot this week.

Maidstone, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

Totally agree we had an awful time

have been booking with this company for years

booked an on line price 61.30 euros

on arrival price with added fuel insurance etc actual price was 192.90

don't take debit cards now always did so wouldn't take our payment

didn't try to help left stranded to say the least

in fact one member of staff was rude and obnoxious don't think I've even been spoke to quite this way

beware the price you expect is not what you pay its treble the price in most cases

we as a family will never use this company again so suggest you think twice before booking

Maidstone, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

Dear Gold car

It is with sad regret that we are informing you we as a family will after a long period of time and many bookings will be no longer using your company when holidaying in Europe especially Spain.

We have had until now a unblemished association with your selves over many many years something that is rare in this day and age .

But unfortunately last yr September 2012 ,we experienced a rather unpleasant trip and said we were unhappy at the time expressing how unsatisfactory the whole experience had been and said we would not use your company again !

Your company then approached us Your Company !! With the offer of another chance to say put things right and please give you another chance to improve on customer services etc.

So we only felt it correct and polite in retrospect to let bygones be bygones and rebook this October 2013.

My wife then got an online quote of 61 Euro emailed to us and was told a debit card would secure payment ,we received online paper work not knowing that payment had to be made on arrival in Spain.

Had we been informed of this we would of paid there and then on line ? we can not pay on line why ? as we were informed if we had booked through an Agent online Debit Payment was expectable (why is this so ? )

You either take debit cards or not,Debit cards are a Universal transaction payment used by all banks world wide .

When we arrived at the Airport my wife approached the checking desk to be told payment on her prepaid Master card was not exceptable ?

The staff then became very agitated towards my wife ,who then felt threatened so called me to assist ,all the time the desk was very very busy with other customers So all could hear our conversation !!

This then turned into what can only be described as a slanging match between all and achieved no result e.g. . No Money for you as a company and No car for us Leaving all very frustrated .

We were then forced by no other choice to get taxi to our destination and the following day hire a car from a local company how are not encumbered with the stupid rules you now have in place for a lot less than your prices.

At no time did your company Representatives try to assist us all the seemed interested in was Money Money Money ,which we were duly happy to pay !!

But for your Company policies of payment ,which we understand but like we have said previously makes no sense in this day and age .

We tried when in Spain to contact your Office on several occasions to no avail this is very sad when people can not talk in an adult way and resolve what was a Minor Problem.

Having finally managed to speak to a representative of your company today 29/10/2013 at 17.00 asked when and why you changed your policies with regard to the payment cards you accepted i was told there is no security with a debit card and people don't pay your insurance and return the cars badly damaged but we have always paid the full amount asked of us on arrival to cover any accidents/damage lose therefore you don't need a credit card as no further payments are to be made.

You as a company in this day and age and world recession need to promote a whiter than white policy with your customers as the customer is always right.

Your company has such a terrible reputation on feed back forums can you not resolve this email so we can leave a positive report rather than ignoring this so we to end up leaving more negative feedback of a company we have had many years of good service with except on these last two occasions.

I hope you find it to resolve in a positive manor for all.

We are happy to discuss this with a sensible representative who is able to take action and not just make comments we have had enough of these.

In anticipation of a positive outcome

regards

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

Not wishing to make light of your experience, but surely as a long time user of Goldcar you would've known about the extra insurance, fuel etc? Its all in the T&Cs and its not unusual for the majority of car hire companies to refuse debit cards.

The staff being rude, however, is unacceptable but sometimes I think they react to the way they are spoken to (with English as their second language, I would suspect they sometimes don't quite understand the way we deal with things, but that doesn't excuse them being rude). I'm not a fan of Goldcar after all the bad reviews on the forums but know there will be some people out there who have had a good experience, they just don't post it on TA as their first post.

Hope you have a better experience with your next hire.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

Ceejay we are getting a new crop of complainers. We all know what Goldcar are like, they had a three hour queue on 3rd July when I picked up my car from Sixt. They had a huge queue on 9th October when I picked up my car yet again from Sixt. If you want a designer suit you don't go to the bargain basement outlet. And yet the masses continue to be lulled by a low price. A quick read of the T&Cs would advise them of the fuel policy and insurance coverage. Sorry to be 'rude' but what has the fact that Julian is follicly challenged and has tattoos to do with anything?

Lindsay

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

I agree Lindsay, its just a shame that people don't read the T&Cs but what amazes me is that even after a bad experience some people go back to the same company and still don't check what type of payment is acceptable.

Like you say, they have huge queues because people get sucked into the "low" price. I'd rather pay a bit more and get a good deal with someone like Helle Hollis or Sixt. Unfortunately we will still be here in years to come giving advice to people who've not done the basic thing of checking before they go!

7. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 22:26
Edited: 10 January 2014, 22:26
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,916 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

it appears from your multiple posts that you were caught out as you did not take the common sense action to check the terms and conditions, which clearly set out the charges etc.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

For ourselves we did not book with goldcar but amigo autos.

It was not until we reached malaga that we were made aware of the change. Amigo autos we used before reasonable but not cheap off airport and a driver to pick us up and go to their office great service and polite.

Goldcar as I understand now some Spanish were extremely rude, had the chap been aware that I understood what they were saying about english tourists I am not sure he would have bothered to tone down his language.

My advice is do not book with them

If you do expect to pay about 3 times what you expect and wait 6 times as long

A very unpleasant experience which I will never repeat

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: goldcar hire malaga RUBBISH

He was Nakagoli, but constant complaining on the forums doesn't make the companies (Goldcar or any of them) take notice. Some brokers (Do You Spain for example) have tried to help by posting on the forums and explaining things to posters about the t&c but TA removed them as they thought it was advertising.

There are several regulars, (including myself) who have posted on car hire threads trying to be helpful but people continue to ignore the terms and conditions and advice, and look for "bargains". At the end of the day, the fees are all set out in the T&C but unfortunately, the lack of customer service at some of the hire desks is something not included in them! However, the best thing to do when faced with poor customer service is to ask for the complaints book, all companies must have them by law, and complete it and make sure you keep a copy. These books are regularly checked by the authorities, put your complaint in writing when you get back too.

Do your research and read the T&Cs is all we can offer as advice, if people don't take it, then its up to them.