We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where should I go first?

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
where should I go first?

Hi,

Will be staying in Malaga over Christmas and then travelling on to Seville and Granada and then returning to Malaga. Will be relying on bus transportation to get from one place to another. Can't decide, is it better to go from Malaga to Seville to Granada and then back to Malaga or is it better to go from Malaga to Granada then to Seville and back to Malaga?

Will Seville be colder since it is farther north or is the temperature about the same as Granada?

Thank you in advance to those who respond.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where should I go first?

Hi Caphill. Seville and Granada are eminently "doable" on day trips from Malaga, so I wonder if it is your intention to spend a few nights in both places before returning to Malaga?

If so, I'd opt for Malaga-Seville-Granada-Malaga, taking the train to Seville (costs 16.5 euros and takes less than three hours), the bus from Seville to Granada (costs 17.60e and takes just over four hours) and finally Granada to Malaga by bus (costs 8.87e and takes an hour and three quarters).

The link below should help regarding the bus connections. See www.Renfe.com for train travel to Seville.

if you want to bus it from Malaga to Seville, the public service takes around three hours and costs 14.35e.

On Christmas Day last year, top temperature in Seville was 62F, while it was 11 degrees cooler in Granada.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Spain. Tony.

http://www.continental-auto.es/index.do

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where should I go first?

Excellent post, Tony! Caphill, you got all your questions answered in a few tidy paragraphs. Now, it's only up to you.

3. Re: where should I go first?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 06:24