We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

Finland
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

Hi!

I am arriving in Malaga on Friday, early afternoon.

What is the best way to get to Estepona? I have understood there is a train, but only to Fuengirola. Is it easy to take a bus from Fuengirola, or?

Thank you very much in advance!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,458 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

You could get the airport bus to Marbella and then another bus on from there, or train to Fuengirola, bus to Marbella and then on to Estepona. I think the airport bus is your best bet, or you could try one of the transfer companies like transfersdelsol.com or travel republic. Taxi would be about €90 each way.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,139 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

Some of the airport buses go all the way to Estapona, otherwise it is very easy to get the direct bus To Marbella, as ceejay says, and then another to Estapona - there are plenty of them.

Last time I used the bus from the airport to Marbella, it was around 8euros one way.

Google avanzabus for timetables.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
343 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

The airport bus to Estepona does not run as frequent at this time of year. There are only 2 buses 11.30 and 18.50. Depending on the times of the buses you can go airport to Marbella, train to Fuengirola then bus to Estepona or airport to Malaga and bus to Estepona.

…avanzabus.com/web/seleccion-de-servicio.html

Finland
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

Thank you all! Yesterday I tried to look at the avanzabus-website, but could only see it in Spanish? I try to look again!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
343 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

Go to the top of the page and you will have an option to change it to english

6. Re: From Malaga Airport to Estepona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:21