We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Tolls?

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
160 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Tolls?

Hi

We will be flying into Malaga in May and picking up a car to drive to Chiclana.

I know tolls can be avoided by driving on the coast road, but as this will be a journey in excess of 2 hours, I am favouring the autopista to reach our hotel sooner.

Can someone give me an idea of how much I should expect to pay in tolls each way?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,661 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Tolls?

Think it is €9.50 before the end of May. Paid at 3 booths. See

www.autopistadelsol.com/ausol2/results.php

A wise investment in my opinion.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Tolls?

We holiday in Chiclana every year. Last year was the first time we flew in and out of Málaga. Previously we have flown into Gibraltar and Sevilla but this entails a lengthy drive from north of Glasgow to Manchester for Gib and it was Liverpool for Sevilla but that route no longer flies.

You can either stay on the autopista and pay the tolls or a bit before each set of tolls there is signage to slip off of the AP-7 and onto the A-7. This will add about 20 minutes to the journey although you are still using a dual carriageway, it is peppered with roundabouts and speed restrictions. We jumped on and off, not because I didn't want to pay the tolls but because we were visiting my friend in La Duquesa for lunch en route. The three toll booths are all along the most touristy section of the road so once you get past La Duquesa you are toll free to Chiclana. The next set of tolls is much further north at Las Cabezas de San Juan on the AP-4. You would use this road if you were going to say Sevilla for the day. There are no tolls if you are driving from Chiclana to Cádiz or Jerez or indeed in the other direction if you wanted to do a day trip to Gib.

The tolls have two sets of prices and as you are going off peak in May it should still be the lower rate.

Saludos. Lindsay

Edited: 03 January 2014, 11:20
Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
160 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Tolls?

Thanks for your replies.

We live fairly close to East Midlands Airport, so will not have to drive far in UK.

To get flights to Jerez or Seville would have meant a long drive down to London.

I don't mind driving in Spain and we will call off en route for lunch possibly at Algericas or Tarifa following the coast road.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Tolls?

Have a lovely holiday, we don't fly until 29th June.

Lindsay

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
160 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Tolls?

Thanks Lindsay and you too :)

6. Re: Cost of Tolls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19