We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best bakery in the historic center of Malaga?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
85 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Best bakery in the historic center of Malaga?

What bakeries would you recommend near the historic center of Malaga? Your favorite items that you purchase would be helpful too. Thanks, jonathan

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,506 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best bakery in the historic center of Malaga?

Jon:

My favorite is Granier at the Alameda Principal, 28. The German apple pie is wonderful and very thick. Three pieces sell for 3.75 euros.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best bakery in the historic center of Malaga?

The best bakery in Málaga is arguably Pastelería Confitería Ávila, but unfortunately it is not located on the historic centre.

It is located on the western promenade (C/ Pacífico) though, which is a lovely area to take a stroll and eat at some of the chiringuitos (beach restaurants) that are there and are a must.

In case you fancy:

Carretera Carril de la Chupa, 8

Málaga

952 23 68 58

My favorite bakeries in the centre of Málaga are Pathelin and La Canasta. I don't know Granier but this is a national chain that has opened quite a lot of bakeries in Málaga lately which seem very successful. Gotta try...

Edited: 12 January 2014, 10:21
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,996 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best bakery in the historic center of Malaga?

Mouth watering already but if by bakery you mean cakes I would add Lepanto on C/Larios (totally city centre). It has the advantage of a big seating area if you aren´t looking for takeaway - though that too. La Canasta is very good but the seating is cramped so take away really. I like Granier but only bread and pastries, their range of cakes is very limited but then I like apple pie.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best bakery in the historic center of Malaga?

Yes, I forgot to mention Lepanto which is another great option that has the advantage of being right on the city centre.

La Canasta has several branches in Málaga. I always (and I mean always!) have breakfast at the original branch in Avenida de la Aurora on weekdays. Their soya seed bread roll with olive oil is unbeatable!

They also make the best chocolate mousse cake ever.

5. Re: Best bakery in the historic center of Malaga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:18