We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

Southern Belle
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

Hi can anybody tell me what the price of a taxi would be from Holiday Inn Express to the Cruise Terminal in Malaga - also how far to restaurants etc in a taxi from this hotel - thanks await replies

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

The Holiday Inn Express is by a very busy road in an industrial area by Malaga airport - don't book it! Stay in central Malaga, where you'll be right by lots of good restaurants and near the cruise terminal.

Southern Belle
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

Got no choice of hotel as it is included in a package -so still need to know how far to Cruise Terminal and also to nearest restaurants - approx. taxi fares please - thankyou

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,274 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

As said, the hotel is near the airport and there are no facilities nearby, it is possibly the worst hotel to be stuck in. For restaurants and bars, Torremolinos is the closest town about 4 miles away, I don't know the taxi fare. The port in Malaga is about 8 miles away, a taxi should cost about €25.

If it was my choice I wold forego the package if possible, and book a hotel in Malaga.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,621 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

Noah:

For restaurants near your hotelo, go to Google Maps and type in your hotel name and Malaga. You will get the new Google Maps. At the bottom right of the map, you can switch to the old Classic Google Maps. Then click on the dot showing the hotel and use the search nearby box. Type in restaurant and you will get the list and directions of nearby restaurants.

The nearest restaurant:

Restaurante Aguilar

Av de Villa Rosa, 10, 29004, Malaga

Tel: 952 17 14 29

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

Pavo, it would probably be cheaper to book a central Malaga hotel whether any refund was given or not! The cost will be spent on taxi fares otherwise and as you say, the Holiday Inn Express isn't exactly a great experience (nice views of...Makro).

Although Torremolinos is nearest it's across a taxi-border so the cost will still be around €10 each way.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 09:26
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

The closest area with nice restaurants is Parque Litoral, which is incidentally my neighborhood. Marisquería La Piká (C/ Pilar Lorengar) is great for seafood, and a bit further you can get to C/ Pacífico where there are lots of chiringuitos (restaurants by the sea). Give a look to Jesús Gutiérrez Restaurant there.

You will still need a taxi to get to this locations though. I agree that this is not the best of places to stay if you plan to visit Málaga.

Edited: 25 February 2014, 09:35
Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

I think I would forget the package and book a hotel in central Malaga. As said before what you spend on taxis would pay for a hotel in a good location in Malaga with great restaurants and sightseeing within walking distance.

8. Re: distance from holiday inn express to cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:18