We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Malaga to Madrid

texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
driving from Malaga to Madrid

I want to drive from Malaga to Madrid and have a stop in Cordoba (Valenzuela), Are there any tolls or are the roads open. How long will it take. I am disembarking the cruise ship on a Sunday

and renting a car at the airport in Malaga, or is there a closer place to rent the car. I want to spend the night in Cordoba. Thanks

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from Malaga to Madrid

Hi there

Your best bet is to use Google Maps, it will give you the Route options to choose to avoid tolls or whatever you want - it tells you how far it is, how long it will take you etc - very simple.

Just to give you an example, it took me 2 mins to get this route: http://tinyurl.com/qck2y8n then all you do is click "route options" on the right to open up the menu of choices :)

Just repeat for Cordoba to Madrid... however, if you didn't want to hire a car and do both ways driving, it might be worth considering the AVE - Spains Super Train...

It takes less than an hour by train from Malaga to Cordoba (as opposed to nearly 2 by car) and from Cordoba to Madrid takes just 1hr 45 mins (as opposed to nearly 4 hours by car) so you have plenty of options.

Maybe you could hire the car in Malaga and do the drive up there and then get the train back?

I am hoping to do the journey this year and I can't wait !!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,393 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from Malaga to Madrid

Car rental www.auto-europe.com

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

You will require an International driving permit for Spain

Accommodation www.venere.com www.andalucia.com/cities/cordoba.htm www.catedraldecordoba.es/visita/index.html

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,567 posts
3,723 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from Malaga to Madrid

garyelo:

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

4. Re: driving from Malaga to Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 08:19