We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed Now Please

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sussex
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Help Needed Now Please

We arrived in Malaga from a brief and lovely stay in Ronda. We had booked an apartment in centro Malaga, supposedly with a lovely view of the Cathedral. We arrived to find it had been totally misrepresented in every way. Long story short not for us so we left. We have checked into a hotel for the night as we couldn't sleep there. We have two more nights. We don't know the city at all and wanted to do a bit of exploring in museums etc. Can anyone suggest a smart and comfortable centrally located apartment for two nights? Comfort equivalent to 4* hotel. There are quite a few online but we are so tired and fed up we feel like going home or going elsewhere.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,850 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Don't think you would get an apartment for 2 nights, especially at such short notice. Did you complain to the owners before you left the apartment? I think your best bet would be to stay in the hotel for the 2 days and not waste time looking for somewhere else. Personally, I would just get on with your break and spend the next two days exploring the city and museums and just enjoy what remains of your stay.

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Thanks for quick reply ceejayblue. When I went online to do a quick check, there were so many on offer for two nights that I thought maybe a DE or v FV might be able to help us cut to the chase if they had local knowledge. The standard of apartments doesn't appear to be high but to be fair nor are the prices - which tells its own story. Yes - took it up with apartment owner immediately of course but they didn't have viable alternative. The hotel we're at is nice but full for next two nights. Frustrating but we'll get something sorted.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Needed Now Please

I hope you get something sorted, I too would have hoped a DE or someone with local knowledge would have been in to help you out by now. Sorry, if i knew the area well I could offer some suggestions.

Do let us know how your last couple of days went.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Hey littlelamb... I don't know if you wanted to try this Hotel, I know you were looking for an apartment, but this might be OK, a friend and I were trying to get our heads together and find something for you.... AND it's right by the Cathedral too: http://www.hotelmolinalario.com/en

Good luck.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 08:22
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Hey, me again... have found this site that may be of some use - it's for Apartments: http://www.airbnb.es/ Good luck (again) :)

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Hey MKB thanks SO much (and your friend). We got something sorted at last. That hotel you suggested is right up our street and very central. We checked it out but would have meant a change of rooms halfway through. We didn't find an apartment in the end that suited us, even though there are many. We're going to the Monte Malaga - much further away but has indoor pool and we thought be nice to relax after this. Thanks again for rushing to our aid; very much appreciated.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Hey, you're welcome.....

Oh wow, cool - indoor pool, well needed after this pa-lava :)

Glad you got "something" sorted in the end... enjoy the rest of your stay.

MKB

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Going to Malaga in 3 weeks. Apartment with view of cathedral. I am curious...what was the name or address of the apartment. We booked our apt on home away.

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Thanks again MKB - sweet of you. Just had a great swim and off to the Picasso Museum soon. Determined to see a bit. Weather lovely. Driving in Malaga is fun...(not) but to be fair that applies to most cities. Walking and bussing from now anyway.

Sussex
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help Needed Now Please

Hi there Grocki sorry I didn't notice your post before - it was duplex La Merced - "Cathedral View". Medina Conde. They neglected to mention it has a much better view of a huge building site (the size of at least 2 football pitches) and the back of four vacant and delapidated buildings. It is basic to say the least but could suit a lads' or girls' weekend (but only if they aren't choosy!) It isn't necessarily the same place though; lots of buildings have a view of the cathedral.