We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Malaga

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
32 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Malaga

Hi All,

This is our first trip to Spain (in the Fall) and we were thinking of basing out of Malaga for several days and were wondering where a good area to target might be...

My wife would love an ocean view on the beach but we'd also like to be reasonably close to public transportation as we'll be making several day trip out of this area (Seville, Granada. etc...). I'm thinking an apartment would be great but am open to other choices as well.

Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Malaga

The obvious choice is the city centre, but you won't get ocean views there.

Then you have Pedregalejo, which is a lovely seaside district full of life, but it is not near the transport hubs to get to other places in Andalucía.

You might want to give a look to C/ Pacífico area to get a good balance of sea views and reasonably close to transportation. However most of this area is residential and I don't think it will be easy to find short term rentals. There is one nice hotel named Vincci Malaga which indeed has lovely sea views, but it is of course a hotel.

Hope this helps!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Malaga

In the Malaga hotel category, the AC Malaga Palacio by Marriott I believe has sea views above the second or third floor. Reviews are available here on TA. It's about a five block walk to the closest train station, Alameda-Centro, which is one stop from the Maria Zambrano station, the origin for trains to other cities. The hotel is very close to shopping, restaurants, cathedral and harbor as well. It has a nice rooftop restaurant/bar/pool with very good viiews.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,131 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Malaga

Mand:

Yes, the AC Malaga Palacio has wonderful sea views on the upper floors. There is also a terrace on the top floor where you can eat and have drinks. At sunset this is a very romantic place to be.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Malaga

AC Malaga Palacio has views of the entire city, and since the city is on the coast, you can certainly view the ocean in upper floors.

But I understood that the OP was asking for a beach view, and you can't get that in the city centre.

5. Re: Where to stay in Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 06:16