We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

DO NOT USE THEM you have been warned. We hired a car through them in April 2014 from Malaga Airport. The car was a VW polo and was clean but very well worn on the outside but not really visible in the low level car park. I should have trusted my instincts and walked away. However as usual in a hurry to get on with holiday we accepted it. We then got on the road and I have copied the contents of my complaint email below and that's only half of it as I could not be bothered itemising all issues.. The car should have been scraped. I tried calling & emailing the Central Car Hire who were the Altas Rental company. no answer to the phone. Then emailed Atlas etc. Nothing happened. I gave up and did not use the car other than to return to airport with the full tank I had paid for !. Not sure I will ever see my deposit again but will take that up with MasterCard.

Don't put your family's life at risk.

I collected a vw polo from Malaga airport to Elveria

A copy of my rental agreement is attached

the car is in a dangerous condition

the airbag warning light is on

the back door does not close properly

the wheels make a dangerous noise

there is a noise from the gearbox

the brakes shudder and pull to one side

the car has done 105000 miles and feels very unsafe

I require an immediate replacement car

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

Don't think I've ever heard of this company at the airport but hope you get your deposit back.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

I couldn't agree more . We made the mistake of using this company in May . Our car was a Honda jazz . On collecting the car so many things didn't add up. They took a 400 euro deposit off us . This has never been returned . When trying yo contact central car hire there is no reply. As for atlas they just say it's up to Central to return the deposit. Not only that but on closer inspection the car was very dangerous it had two bold front tyres. On arrival at our villa we were pretty much marooned as we were to scared to drive out in such an old and unsafe vehicle. We only used it to return to the airport . It also had a slow puncture on one of the back tyres. we pointed this out on collecting the car but were told it was ok. On our way from our accommodation in Marbella to Malaga airport we had to stop twice to add air to the tyre.

Please no one ever use this company they are con merchants . Please put your family's lives first !!!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

Totally agree with these reviews. Really wish I had read these before I booked through Atlas. Check out their Facebook page, many, many unhappy customers. The car we were given in Malaga was clearly unsafe and we also refused to drive ours. They replaced it with something that was better but not at all satisfactory. We too have not received our 400 euro deposit back yet.

Please avoid. Totally disgraceful.

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

Same story here - battered, unsafe cars and our deposit has been stolen! Has anybody had any luck at all getting their deposit back? Any advice on the best course of action?

bristol uk
Level Contributor
1 post
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

I was just about to book with Atlas but glad I checked the reviews not booking now

6. Re: Atlas Choice & Central Car Hire - Do not use them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2016, 06:16