We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Hires Malaga

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ukswift88
Level Contributor
504 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Hires Malaga

Hi

We have booked and paid for some baby hire equipment through Holiday Hires Malaga. We have not received booking confirmation and the telephone numbers provided don't seem to work.

We travel on Saturday and are quite worried. Has anyone used this company recently or have any different contact details?

Thanks in advance

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

Have you tried their website and checked the tel nos on there?

http://www.holidayhires.net/

Hope you get an answer before you go.

ukswift88
Level Contributor
504 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

Yes we have tried the numbers on the site but get through to a recorded message in Spanish which we don't understand

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

I'm assuming you've tried emailing them too? Not sure what to suggest but you could email and cancel the booking and try the www.totsstore.com at the airport. They now have a delivery service so give them a try if you can't get any joy from Holiday Hires.

ukswift88
Level Contributor
504 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

We have sent several emails but no response since we received confirmation email of payment. I have seen others on TA have used this company but seems strange that all communication has stopped

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

It does seem odd, but hopefully you will find that they do come up with the goods. Have a good holiday.

ukswift88
Level Contributor
504 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

Our main concern is the car seat we have hired from them. They are due to meet us at the airport to fit the car seat. At this late stage I think its likely they have taken the money and ran or stopped trading.

Where are tots store located in the airport? Do they fit the car seats too?

Thanks

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

I think they are in the arrivals area, not used them ourselves as we don't have small children but it might be worth giving them a quick email or if you are hiring a car your car hire company will have seats, but they're not usually very cheap and you'd have to check if they have any.

I'm sure Holiday Hires will come through, please let us know though if they don't as they have previously been a well thought of company.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

Please post back when you hear from Holiday hires as we have guests booked in for the end of may who have booked an additional cot to the one we provide. At least they will have time to rebook if they need to.

ukswift88
Level Contributor
504 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

UPDATE

We have received no further contact with the company on the 2 email addresses. The spainish phone numbers appear to be out of order. I assume the company has closed. Having looked further most of the information on their website relates to 2013.

They do have a facebook page with bare amounts of information. One of the testimonials on their facebook page is from Ed Blount - who has been the person we have been arranging the hire through!

I have raised a case with Paypal to resolve the dispute. I would strongly recommend nobody use this site as the company are fraudulent. I'm not sure if anyone knows of some authority to contact to have their website closed so that other travellers are not defrauded.

A M
Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Hires Malaga

Both telephone numbers given on their website are mobile phones. It would be interesting to see what happens if you try to send a text message.

I've seen one of their vehicles in Benalmadena this week so I'd be surprised if they have closed down.