We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Hi, Can someone please tell me how I can get from Malaga airport to Maria Zambrano railway station.

I have looked on the forum but seem to get confused with the information! Is there an underground tube train or do I have to get a Cercania train? If I have to get Cercania train where do I get it from? Is it still outside T3 arrivals exit?

Thank you,

Krysia

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,771 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

krysia:

You can take the Cercanias train from the airport to the Maria Zambrano Station. The entrance to the Cercanias station is just outside the T3 arrivals exit. The train takes 12 minutes to get to the Maria Zambrano Station.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Hi there

The train station is by Terminal 3 - you can't miss the signs. Then get your ticket from one of the machines, board the Cercania train to Malaga and get off after 4 stops :)

There is a display in the train and they announce the stops in both Spanish and English. It's very simple, reliable, safe and cheap.

Have fun.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Thank you

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
956 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Took the train yesterday.....costs €1.75 each way. The machine gives change so no need for the right money. The journey was very quick, going from Malaga to the airport in 8 minutes!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Thanks for that joanandmatt Did you happen to get a train from the Maria Zambrano station? If so, how easy was it to get a ticket, esp if you dont speak Spanish?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Re: #5

Use a ticket machine.

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
956 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Krysia, the ticket machines are at the end of the shopping centre just before you go through the barrier and down the escalator to the platform. There's an English option button on the machine and they are easy to use.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Not that helpful!

The machines have a symbol bottom left to change languages and English is one but I assume that you are not travelling on the Cercanias from MZ. The booking hall is very good and there are people there who speak English.

Have you considered buying online? There is a FAQ on how to do this and you can make a good saving if you are using AVE or AVANT. You'll probably need a valium when you have finished though!!

Also it may be worth starting your buying by getting a tarjeta dorada if you are over 60. It will pay for itself with one journey, although the price on the AVE last time I went online was cheaper than with a tarjeta dorada.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

Krysia98: As manzana states better to use the booking office if using the Renfe mainline network or book on line.

Especially on the AVE service heavily discounted tickets are released 63 days before travel. Truthfully I think the Renfe on line system is easy to operate today compared with years ago and it allows you to reserve your seat as well, all instructions in english.

For local trains from the airport this site has all the information www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,371 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maria Zambrano railway station from Malaga Airport

www.loco2.com for RENFE tickets in minutes, accepting payments normally, without the grief often associated with the RENFE site.