We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Pickup at Malaga Airport or Malaga Rail Station?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Pickup at Malaga Airport or Malaga Rail Station?

I will be arriving at Malaga Airport next week and have arranged a car rental from EuropCar via AutoEurope...I can pickup the car rental either at the Malaga Airport or the Malaga (Maria Zambrano) Rail Station...this car rental has a location pickup surcharge of 53 euros at the Malaga Airport and 19 euros at the Malaga Rail Station....a significant amount...so, do you think it's worth it to travel to the Rail Station to pickup (and return) our car rental?

Is it easy to travel from airport to rail station (with luggage), and is it easy to drive out of Malaga towards Marbella from the rail station or easier from airport?

Thanks much, in advance, for your insights and feedback!!!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,407 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Pickup at Malaga Airport or Malaga Rail Station?

Yes its a big charge at 34€ difference. However for convenience i would choose the airport pickup.

It is easy to get to MZ station as trains are every 20mins taking around 10 mins and costing 1.75€. However you need to handle your luggage over to the train station, down to platform level, on the tain then again at MZ and all over again on your return.

The airport has direct access to the motorways too, so no negotiating city traffic.

2. Re: Car Rental Pickup at Malaga Airport or Malaga Rail Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16