We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Those restricted/private streets...

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
587 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Those restricted/private streets...

Hi all.

We will be in Malaga in less than 24 hours and are renting a car. I see that our hotel Don Curro is located on a street where you have to talk to someone to get access.

I set up the Google itinerary to drive from Don Curro to the airport and it also takes us through such streets.

Question is : if we can't avoid them, how easy are they to get through? What if we get to one and we are denied access... U-turn? Pay a fine?

Help!

Aero.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Those restricted/private streets...

You can enter the Calle Sancha de Lara if you are going to the hotel, and the hotel provides a 24hr valet parking service as far as I know. If you are unsure, you might want to call the hotel ahead.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
587 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Those restricted/private streets...

Thanks. But how do we get out of Calle Sanche de Lara? It looks like a one way and there's another booth when going the other way!?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,353 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Those restricted/private streets...

If you are only in Malaga City for 24 hours I'd get the train into the city from the airport to Alameda Centro and then get a taxi to the hotel, although you could walk it, it would save dragging your cases along.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Those restricted/private streets...

Aeromotive:

To get out of Calle Sancha de Lara, you drive towards Calle Larios and continue to Calle Martinez, which continues to Calle Atarazanas. You can then turn left at Calle Ordoñez, which connects to the Alameda Principal, the main street in Malaga.

5. Re: Those restricted/private streets...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:16