We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire without a bus journey!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
car hire without a bus journey!

hi all

im looking for a reccomendation for car hire out of malaga airport please.

we will have an 18 month old so i dint want the hassel of having to be transfered to the cars, just want to walk out the door and it be there. cost isnt a major but good service is

i have been to malaga airport a few times but always on business so always jumped in a taxi, havent even taken notice of whats on site car hire wise

thanks in advance

jay

1. Re: car hire without a bus journey!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 12:36
Edited: 21 July 2014, 12:36
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,612 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire without a bus journey!

Haven't got experience of the companies that WikiWikiWoWo has suggested but sometimes, especially in the case of Helle Hollis, its usually quicker to get their minibus (you txt them when in baggage claim and they are waiting for you in the pick up area) and its 2 mins to the depot. They fit the child seats for you and their customer service is 2nd to none. Not the cheapest but certainly one of the best in my opinion.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire without a bus journey!

thnaks for the info guys, much appreciated

jay

Liverpool
Level Contributor
484 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire without a bus journey!

After using most of the years I now use Enterprise in Spain for car hire and receive an excellent service, new cars, no long queues and full / full fuel policy.

Also as CJ points out Helle Holis is a 2 min journey from the terminal and comes highly recommended by those who use them IF you are prepared to go off airport.

Whoever you decide upon just make sure to read the T&C's so you know if you will have any 'extras' to pay on arrival as some companies are a nightmare.

Good luck.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire without a bus journey!

Not always best to choose an airport car hire company. The queues at Goldcar in May were half way up the ramp and at others not much better.

Is not unknown to wait an hour in the queue, the reason I walk through and use the desk in the car park.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,109 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire without a bus journey!

The pick up car park for "on airport" car hire is the size of 2 football pitches, and spread over at least 3 floors. It can take longer walking through the car park area than to go off airport. Not counting the Q`s mentioned in Ians post above. Ian is also underestimating the Q as i have seen 2 hour+ wait imes with Record. Goldcar and the like. Avoid Firefly like the plague. Add me to the Helle Hollis fan list too.

7. Re: car hire without a bus journey!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:17