We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Language lessons in Malaga

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Niwot, Colorado
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Language lessons in Malaga

Hi,

My wife and I are looking at spending a month in Malaga in the February / March 2015 time frame. We were thinking we would do language lessons while there and attempt immersion learning of Spanish. (Neither of us speaks Spanish.)

Any recommendations? We think we'd like to be close to old town Malaga so we wouldn't need a car or anything, but we're open to any other ideas as well.

Any comments on weather at that time of year and activities would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,783 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Language lessons in Malaga

Dan:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187438-c88501/Malaga…

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Language lessons in Malaga

Not sure about the weather that time of year, but I studied at Nueva Lengua in Malaga during the summer. It's a fantastic school with great teachers. I would definitely recommend it.

Malaga
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Language lessons in Malaga

Hi Jennifer. Nueva Lengua? I live in Malaga and I have never heard of that school (although I guess it is an academy). In this regard, I DO not recommend an academy to study Spanish. Usually this kind of small business is not very familiar with this field and they just want to take advantage of foreign demand.

Nor do I recommend to attend the typical language school which could be too similar to an academy around your hometown. It could be the same as studying at home. My British friends chose a different learning method based on homeschooling (a private school in Malaga). I think the website is this one www.lyceumespanol.com. As far as I know, they learned quite enough and enjoyed in meantime.

In case you prefer a school or academy, please be aware the number of students per class. It may be a very bad point.

I hope my comment helps to future students.

4. Re: Language lessons in Malaga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2016, 07:17