We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 day Trip to Andalucia

Antwerp Province...
8 posts
Save Topic
8 day Trip to Andalucia

Hy everyone,

I want to visit andalucia this august with my wife for 8 days, and our main goal is to see some of the islamic history/architecture of the beautiful andalucia.

Now, we were planning to take a plain to malaga and stay in a hotel and rent a car for 8 days. And from malaga we would visit the different city's every day.. We would like to visit cordoba, Granada, Sevilla and Gibraltar.

Now, I am wondering what is the best thing to do, stay in malaga for 8 days, or spread my days in the different cities? via google maps, the journeys from malaga to the different cities aren't that far (max 2 hours), so that's why I have this dilemma (and the cheapest air line ticket is from my country to malaga, also malaga is close to many of the cities i like to visit). Also take in consideration that my budget isn't that big. for hotels max 500€.

I also read a lot about small streets and little parking space in malaga, is it difficult with a car in malaga and the other cities?

I saw a lot of very helpful posts in the forum and helpful people, so I hope someone can answer my questions.

Thanks!

1. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 12:27
Antwerp Province...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

Thank you wiki for your quick response, do you have any hostel names that you can recommend?

And how is the attitude of locals towards muslims? is there any tension because of the history or somthing? (maybe a stupid question but you would be surprised about how much heads are turned when we pass by in some countries)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,449 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

Younes:

The problem with renting a car is that there is no free parking on the streets and the hotels charge 11 to 18 euros a day for parking.

The alternative is the train or bus.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

There is no tension with Muslims or any other minorities. It is a common sight in Malaga to see Muslim women wearing their veils on the street. Every year their population grows. We have thousands of minorities from other countries too, such as from South America and Africa. Live and let live is the philosophy of the people of Malaga.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

Antwerp Province...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

@Bennymalaga a very informative reply!

I read about the problem of parking, but because I want the freedom to travel around, i think a car is the best option. I have never been to malaga so I don't know public transportation that well and you depend on the hours of the bus and train.. So I'll have to take the extra cost of parking.

thank you for the tips and reassuring comment!

Antwerp Province...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

@ Bennymalaga

Do you have any recommendations of places to visit in malaga?

I was planning to visit the beach near the port of malaga, alcazaba, the roman theater and the museum of picasso. I suppose thats just a small part of the things to do in malaga.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

There are many muslims in Málaga, specially from Morocco, but also from many other countries.

The main mosque in Málaga is this:

http://www.ccandalusi.org

I have some good African muslim friends and they have gone there when in Málaga.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,644 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

Gibraltar is very mixed society and unique for this part of the world. There is a mosque built overlooking the famous Straits of Gibraltar where you have nice views towards Africa.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim-al-Ibrahim_Mosque

Antwerp Province...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

@Cadiz_lover thank you, I will certainly visit the mosque there.

Antwerp Province...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

@MACPollothanks, just added it to my places-to-visit-list.

I'm also from Morocco, so I think that I will blend in nicely then :)

10. Re: 8 day Trip to Andalucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16