We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

Which Malaga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

Hi, I'm considering spending a week in Andalusia at the very end of March and first few days of April. I will likely be renting a Villa near to Malaga and aim to drive to the other main touristy cities.

Wikipedia tells me the weather is generally about 20 degrees centigrade in Malaga. I'm concerned this may be too cold to swim in the pool at any Villa (assuming no one has a heated pool).

Can anyone confirm if it is indeed too cold to swim in a pool? Is the weather generally t-shirt friendly, or would we need something a bit warmer?

Also finally, is it worth visiting at that time of year? thinking of factors such as weather, if places are even open? prices etc

I would dearly like to go in July/August but there are circumstances which prevent this so the first week of Easter 2015 is what I'm left with. If it's not going to be a great experience at that time of year, I'd rather cancel my plans and go somewhere else and consider Spain again the following year in summer.

Thoughts please?

Thanks.

leeds
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

We went in beginning of april and pool wasnt heated - far too cold to go in it. It also eained for just short of a week. It was the year of the icelandic volcano and we got stuck out there - luckily the weather picked up in extra days we were there or the holiday would have been a total wash out. Saying that, my friend went out in april a year or two later and it was super hot. Just take a variety of clothes!!

2. Re: Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 12:22
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,651 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

Asif:

While the weather will probably be nice and sunny, it will be too early to swim in a pool. Most pools in Malaga are not heated.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

We always come out at this time as we love to explore not sunbath.

the weather will be around the early 20's, great for getting about and exploring and the roads are quieter and parking easier.

The week before Easter in malaga is a fantastic time to visit, all the Easter parades are ongoing from the Monday through to Good Friday, one of the highlights of the year for us in malaga, we missed this year, but are glad we will be back again next year.

The parades start mid afternoon and carry on Until 3/4am, transport including the trains run 24/7 during this week.

Swimming very unlikely in the pool.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

Thanks for the replies thus far.

So that answers the situation regarding swimming.

Now wondering if all the main attractions are open in Easter? perhaps with reduced hours?

Any other factors against going at Easter?

6. Re: Worth visiting end of March / start of April (weather)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:16