We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Topic
The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

The July 13 edition of Malaga Hoy has an article that is titled "Lujo por todos los rincones" (luxury in every corner). It says that the most luxurious stores in Spain are in Puerto Banus. The only Versace store in Spain is located in Puerto Banus. Other international fashion houses are Dior, Chanel, Luis Vuitton, Cartier, Bulgari, Carolina Herrera, Gucci, Armani, Roberto Boticcelli, Valentino, Chanel, and Yves Saint Laurent, among others. Puerto Banus is the Rodeo Drive of California and the Place Vendome of Paris. Prices in the stores are stratospheric, but Puerto Banus beckons the rich from all over the world and from residents of Marbella. Because of its microclimate, Marbella is open all year, while other European resorts close shop. So for an international fashion brand thinking of expanding to Spain, the first choice is Puerto Banus, because it has the clientele the brand is looking for.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

I like your posts Benny, every time you post something new and interesting about Costa del Sol area. Since I am very interested in Spain I really like to read them.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

<Puerto Banus beckons the rich from all over the world and from residents of Marbella.>

Have you actually been to Banús in the last few years?

Half of the stores the article mentions are threatening to pull out unless the Ayto. makes the police clean it up, as it plummets ever more downhill. When I went there for the first time some years back it was a sophisticated lively place - the last time I went it was z-list WAGs, wannabees, prostitutes and chavs.

They certainly need to have a major rethink if they seriously want to be compared with the Place Vendome!

It's getting a Hard Rock Café now as well, so that means all the other mainstream chains will follow.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

Next there will be a bloo** Wetherspoons there lol, or as i saw the other day a WethersPAINS haha

CB

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

Many a true word... Badger, Tim Martin is after a 'cease and desisit' order on Weatherspains as he's in the process of taking Wetherspoon's international!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

As I said not long ago, Puerto Banus already has a "Euro" shop, and most of the big flash boats all have se vende signs on them. Very sad really. Sign of the times I spose.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

Sparkie002:

Thank you for your kind comments. The Costa del Sol is a very beautiful and interesting place and there is much to write about.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

Benny is blind to any criticism of the Costa del Sol. He likes the cement wall from Malaga to Estepona.

spanishpropertyinsight.com/buff/…

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

It's not a complete cement wall - you could probably squeeze another couple of apartments on our garden!

;-)

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

Benny, so far I have been several times on Costa Brava, Barcelona and Majorca but since I surely intend to visit Costa del Sol too in future I follow also discussions going on here. And really I learn a lot here.

10. Re: The Most Expensive Stores in Spain Are in Puerto Banus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 05:18