We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alanda Club

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
807 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Alanda Club

Hi Any info - would like to take my husband, who uses a wheelchair. Would this complex be suitable - I understand there are some lifts.

Would the area outside the complex be suitable for a wheelchair?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,844 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alanda Club

If you do a search on the reviews for the Alanda Club you should find all the information you need. Also, if you go to their own website or email them they will be able to confirm the suitability for a wheelchair user.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,844 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alanda Club

Hi again, there are 96 reviews on this resort of which the majority are very positive. Didn't see any mention of wheelchair facilities so still think it best if you contact them direct if nobody on here has any knowledge of the resort.

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alanda Club

Hi there. Whilst there are indeed lifts available to get into apartments etc, I would have some concerns over getting around the resort by wheelchair as it is particularly hilly. It depends on how much you want to get about whilst there of course, but for example the beach is down a fairly steep hill which although probably OK on the way down would be a killer on the way back (even I have been known to drive the 400 yards or so down to the beach to save the walk back and I am able bodied!).

I am not saying that Alanda is completely unsuitable for wheelchair users, but I can certainly see difficulties. As said before though it would depend very much on how active you want to be once there. We have had an apartment there for years and visit regularly so please feel free to ask more questions or PM me if easier.

Wales
Level Contributor
131 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alanda Club

I have seen wheelchair users in Alanda. My advice would be to phone reception and ask if they have a suitable room. A car would be desirable to visit the beach and the beach restaurants but most have wheelchair accesible terraces. Reception would be able to tell you which restaurants are suitable. The road to the beach is steep but once parked at the beach there is a lovely walkway behind the dunes whjere there are lovely shrubs and cacti.

5. Re: Alanda Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2011, 06:17