We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbella prices 2011

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marbella prices 2011

We are a couple in our early to mid 20's, booking a week's holiday to Marbella for the beginning of September. Will be staying self catering as we like to eat out of a night time. Will probably go out for breakfast as well, although wouldn't be against a couple of mornings eating in.

Could anybody give me a rough price guide for food and drink? Perhaps a beer, glass of wine, and meals. We like to try the local cuisine so prices based on some of the slightly more authentic spanish/seafood restaurants?

How expensive is Marbella exactly? My last 4 holidays have been to Ibiza so I am hoping it won't be any more extravagant than there. I am planning to budget around £200 a day for the 2 of us, for food and general touristy things, maybe a boat trip and hire a car for the day. We will be going out at night, most likely visit Puerto Banus area a handful of times, although I'm open to other suggestions!

Any advice on the area and prices, etc would be very much appreciated, as well as any nice tips you might have for me and my man to make the most of our trip!

Thanks in advance :-)

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,473 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marbella prices 2011

I think your budget will be more than enough. Consider picking a car up at the airport as taxis to Marbella are around 55€ one way. There is a bus a little cheaper, but if you intend driving around anyway you wont be paying much more than 130€ for a clio for a week with someone like www.doyouspain.com .

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,090 posts
3,467 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marbella prices 2011

petit:

Everything in Puerto Banus is expensive, including restaurants. The best place to eat is at the paseo maritimo downtown, with more than 50 restaurants available at more reasonable prices. Lunch there ranges from 10 to 15 euros.

Wine costs about 2.30 to 2.50€ a glass.

London
Level Contributor
460 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marbella prices 2011

As Benny Malaga says, the best cafes and restaurants are in Marbella town itself rather than PB (which is certainly fun and showy) but for value and far better food, and in a lot of people's opinions, including my own, a more charming and relaxed ambience, I think the Passeo Maritimo or the area around Orange Square is unbeatable. I think your budget will be more than enough, enjoy your holiday!

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marbella prices 2011

Just got back yesterday.Taxi from airport to Marbella 63 euros before tip.Driver took us via Fuengirola rather than by toll motorway.Less than 40 minutes.

I chose not to hire a car as they are an encumbrance in Marbella.Free parking is difficult in peak season and pay parking is really expensive.

We walked along Paseo Maritimo every day and there were boards advertising 3 course Menus del Dia from 9 to 11 euros.Or pizza from 6 euros.Toasted sandwich with chips 5 euros.

I spent 1100 euros for a full week including taxis to and from the airport,lunch and dinner every day and plenty of drinks.Lunch we ate in the beach bars ,the best we found was Chiringuito Los Hermanos Haro down the steps opposite the back gate of Hotel El Fuerte and literally on the beach.Very Spanish and busy busy especially at weekends.Service was haphazard but no denying the food quality.One of the best paellas I have had for 28 euros for 2.Bottle of house wine 12 euros.2 eggs and chips 7 euros.Deep fried anchovies or baby squids with chips 10 euros.Bottle of mineral water 1 euro.You might just beat those prices but not by much.

Evening meals (2 courses) out worked out at 50-60 euros for 2 including drinks/wine.We were not economising and these were in quality places

Benny.Thanks for the tip about Bruno's on Paseo Maritimo.You said it is your favourite and I can see why.We went there Saturday night and were most impressed.Seats literally hundreds.Great service/food with plenty of choice .Above average prices but worth it.Kitchen open to full view.

Petitpois.Haven't been to Ibiza for years but I definitely found Marbella cheaper overall than Majorca where I go at least once every year.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Marbella prices 2011

Thanks for your suggestions, definitely think our budget will be realistic based on those prices :-) can't wait to wander about and will certainly try the Paseo Maritimo for food, it sounds fab!

Thanks again!

Malaga
Level Contributor
234 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marbella prices 2011

Visit GrillChickenCompany on the Paseo Maritimo (Golden Mile) for the best barbecue chicken. I am here now, it is very casual but has a big open fire barbecue inside and they serve delicious baked potatoes 2.50 salads from 3.50, full roast barbecue chickens 10 euro, all very fresh and a great location for people watching. It is near the lighthouse on the front.etc.,

Very nice staff also!

Malaga
Level Contributor
234 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marbella prices 2011

Visit GrillChickenCompany on the Paseo Maritimo (Golden Mile) for the best barbecue chicken. I am here now, it is very casual but has a big open fire barbecue inside and they serve delicious baked potatoes 2.50 salads from 3.50, full roast barbecue chickens 10 euro, all very fresh and a great location for people watching. It is near the lighthouse on the front.etc.,

Very nice staff also!

8. Re: Marbella prices 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 03:15