We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing in December?

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Deep sea fishing in December?

Hello!

My husband and I are going to be visiting Marbella area for Christmas and New Years this year and wanted to know if there were any options to go Deep Sea fishing? I have no idea if this is an options or not. Please advise.

Thank you!

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

I think the Med is fished out, occasionally people catch tiny little fish from shore.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
140 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

Ok good to know! Thank you!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

The Med certainly isn't 'fished out' at all, these lot do half or full day deep-sea fishing from Marbella, and I'm sure there are others too:

marbellafishing.com/fishing-trips/deep-sea-f…

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,586 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

I have seen (once admittedly) the Sea Witch from Benalmadena marina land a large Tuna on returning from a trip.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

Every evening you can see lots of small fishing boats from La Carihuela, Fuengirola and Marbella sitting offshore until the small hours, the following lunchtime you can eat what they have caught in the hundreds of fish restaurants all along the coast!

I know we're not supposed to eat boquerones any more but....

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
548 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

I know there is fish in the sea because I use to visit a small restaurant in the Fuengirola harbour (Molnar’s Schnitzel Haus). And a charter boat is located just opposite the restaurant about 3 meters from the tables. I have seen it arrive many times with fish I have also seen the restaurants collecting fish from the boat. Here is a picture from the restaurant with the boat in the background:

http://www.thenewsonline.es/business/image/54

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,718 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

I'll admit I am no expert on fish in the Med. I'm curious why we aren't supposed to eat boquerones?

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
548 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

We are of course supposed to eat boquerones, but there are minimum sizes for all fish including boquerones.

I have seen many restaurants store the smallest (illegal) fishes under the dish. The reason for using the smallest is that some people like them more. But I prefer the legal size of boquerones.

9. Re: Deep sea fishing in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:16