We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area to stay?

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Which area to stay?

We're looking to rent an apartment around Easter for me, my husband and 16-year-old daughter.

We want to be near a gym and tennis courts, but also have a decent restaurant within easy reach (ideally walking distance, although we will probably hire a car).

We'd like somewhere upmarket and pleasant but with enough for our daughter to see/do - e.g. swim, gym, people watch and shop - although we can drive to places to fulfil these needs.

What we don't want is to be surrounded by stag/hen parties and can't decide whether we should stay near Puerto Banus (and maybe not have a car), or further away.

Any thoughts on the following places please?

La Floresta de Marbella (Elviria area I think, close to El Soto golf clubhouse) - we wonder if this might be a bit quiet, also, would it be warm end of March as it's up in the hills?

Elviria: http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/elviria/

Locrimar IV: www.holidaylettings.co.uk/lorcrimar-iv/ (maybe a bit rowdy/crowded???)

Los Naranjos de Marbella: holidaylettings.co.uk/los-naranjos-de-marbel…

Or any other areas that might fit our requirements?

Thanks

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,236 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area to stay?

P Banus is full of hen and stag partys by night, and not much of anything during the day - as all the partgoers sleep off the ill effects!

Extremely drunken partygoers - is that the type of people watching you envisage for your daughter!!!

Up market, not really! Not the place to go when you specificaaly say you son't want to be among the stags, hens and such like.

Find somewher in Marbella town. Much more pleasant, day and night. Your daughter could easily go for a walk to the shops, etc on her own - La Canada shopping centre or in the really pretty old town.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,284 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area to stay?

cardiff:

I would choose a place near downtown Marbella. The city is about 23 km long and if you stay too far away you will need a car to get around.

London
Level Contributor
469 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area to stay?

Look at the apartments on Linglyn Travel's website, these are mainly in central Marbella in the Skol Building or Parque Building. Its a lovely area and there's a supermarket, cinema complex and wellness center with what looks like a very well equiped gym, (can't say I've used it, but I should!) for further details ask Des who runs Linglyn about the opening hours and if there is a tennis court nearby. We have used Linglyn for years and have rented some lovely apartments through them, mainly in the Skol Building which has a wonderful position overlooking the ocean, beaches and the Paseo Maritmo, a palm tree lined walkway that goes all the way along from Marbella to PB - you could try going for a run or power walk there and back if you are feeling energetic! There are also lots of lovely shops, bars and restaurants on the doorstep, but nothing raucous you will be pleased to know! And the Old Town is a leisurely ten to fifteen walk away for more fantastic restaurants, cosy bars and charming architecture.

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area to stay?

If you want to stay in Puerto Banus I would recommend Alcazaba Apartments. nextaway.com/spain/marbella/2-bed-apartment-… there is a gym and a swimming pool. Also you could use the Manolo Santana Raquets Club which is not far away as there are paddle and tennis courts there. you would also be able to go shopping and people watch if you are in Puerto Banus

In my opinion Elviria is really quiet but if you are looking to have pure relaxation then this could be a good choice. But you will have to drive everywhere as there arent many shopping places in Elviria. I think that your daughter would have far more fun being in either Marbella or Puerto Banus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area to stay?

here is the link for the tennis courts. http://en.manolosantana.net/

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which area to stay?

Thanks everyone - some great ideas there. Any idea how likely it is that swimmng pools will be open in late Match/early April? Some places we've asked about have said they won't be open - is that likely to be the same everywhere?

7. Re: Which area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 06:15