We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbella 2000 or Skol apartments?

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Marbella 2000 or Skol apartments?

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Marbella 2000 apartments? We are trying to decide between that and the Skol apartments. The 2000 apartments look a lot more modern but I wonder if the swimming pool area is a little small (since this is where we'll be spending most of our time it's important to me!). Does anyone have any experience of this?

Also, we are a couple in our early thirties (no kids) and this is our first trip to Marbella. From reading other posts, I think we will probably prefer Marbella old town area to Puerto Banus. We're not looking to go clubbing or spend a fortune, just want an area where we can go out for dinner and then a few drinks each evening. Does the old town sound right for this?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marbella 2000 or Skol apartments?

I definitely think Marbella will suit you best, much cheaper tthan Banus, and much nicer!

You will love the pretty old town with nice shopping, bars and restaurants. Similarly the paseo (prom)

Marbella is more convenient, too, if you want to take a trip some day - Ronda, Malaga, Tarifa, Seville, etc.

I've not stayed in either apt block, but they are postioned equally well on the frontline, only a few minutes apart. From that point of view you'd be happy with either. I'd say there is little to choose between them. How modern the actual apt is, will depend entirely on the individual one you book.

I'd probably decide by either choosing the cheaper one - or the one with a nice sea view! It won't be quite so nice if you are facing away from the sea! And of course, the one with good reviews from the provider you choose - many are privately rented, or have several companies letting a few apts in the block - so look for reviews specific to your letting agent and apt, rather than for the apt block generally.

London
Level Contributor
472 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marbella 2000 or Skol apartments?

We have stayed a few times at the Skol and we really liked it, I wouldn't say its uber luxury, but the views and gardens are just wonderful! The apartments are in 3 well kept buildings situated around the swimming pools and the little cafe downstairs, there is a 60's retro feel about the place, but its lovely. As Heidotheroad said, the apartments are all privately owned so will differ in levels of comfort and decor, but the location is simply unbeatable. Fabulous restaurants and bars are mere hop skip and jump away on the lovely Paseo Maritimo, my favourites are Garum on the right as you come out of the Skol and Jaipur Indian if you fancy a good curry, on the left. Also Da Bruno's literally downstairs from the Skol is a big, bustling Italian restaurant with delicious food and opera singers a few nights a week. Their steak Rossini is out of this world! And there are plenty of Spanish restaurants as well, try the beach chiringuitos for fantastic grilled fish or paellas.

To help you make the right choice take a look at the selection of Skol apartments and others similar nearby on Linglyn Travel's website, there are photographs of each and every apartment, including the view from the balconies. I have rented through them for years and can happily recommend them.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 11:50
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,970 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Marbella 2000 or Skol apartments?

Back in the day, La Fontanilla was the center of the universe.

I'd book the Skol and you might enjoy this pub.

www.thecladdaghirishbar.com/

Edited: 17 March 2013, 04:52
Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marbella 2000 or Skol apartments?

Thanks very much for the replies and advice everyone

5. Re: Marbella 2000 or Skol apartments?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:16